California DMV accuses Tesla of making untrue and misleading claims about Autopilot and Full Self Driving being Autonomous

AlTech
5 minutes ago, mr moose said:

You quoted me talking about two very different things, they are both correct in the context they applied to.

And yet rates haven't fallen is what you said, even tho laws are preventing it from happening. Seems very straight forward to me.

14 minutes ago, Senzelian said:

And yet rates haven't fallen is what you said, even tho laws are preventing it from happening. Seems very straight forward to me.

Because even people who drink and drive wear a seat belt most of the time.   Do you know why, it's not because they are smart enough to know its safe, they are drink driving ffs, it's because they will get caught as it's a visible infringement (we even have camera's here that focus on the driver for that exact reason) while the only way to know if a driver has had a few is to stop them and breath test them.  Ergo dumb people who drink and drive know there is a good chance they will not get stopped if they are wearing their seat belt and not driving stupid.  

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

2 minutes ago, mr moose said:

it's because they will get caught as it's a visible infringement

How did you make sure that that's the actual reason they're doing this for?

1 minute ago, Senzelian said:

How did you make sure that that's the actual reason they're doing this for?

Because I talk to people, statistics on these things are there for anyone to look up,  it's basic logic as we have camera's set up for this exact reason.  I am not an idiot who just makes shit up.

Anything else you'd like to take issue with or are you done flogging the dead horse?

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

1 hour ago, mr moose said:

Because I talk to people, statistics on these things are there for anyone to look up,  it's basic logic as we have camera's set up for this exact reason.  I am not an idiot who just makes shit up.

Anything else you'd like to take issue with or are you done flogging the dead horse?

That's a lot of defensive talk for such a simple question. Now I want to see those statistics you mentioned!

15 hours ago, Senzelian said:

That's a lot of defensive talk for such a simple question. Now I want to see those statistics you mentioned!

https://www.budgetdirect.com.au/car-insurance/research/drink-driving-statistics.html

https://www.tac.vic.gov.au/road-safety/statistics/summaries/seatbelt-statistics

Despite numerous Public Service announcements, Police roadblocks, televisions commercials, and increased fines, people are still not getting the message. They are still being killed and injured on our roads. A driver causes 30% of all road accidents resulting in a fatality over the legal limit of 0.05. 90% of these drivers were men.

https://breathalysers-australia.com.au/drink-driving/

https://bestinau.com.au/drink-driving-statistics-australia/

https://roadsafety.nt.gov.au/safety-topics/seatbelts

If you can't see the argument in all that you are either not trying or suffering cognitive bias.

2 hours ago, mr moose said:

If you can't see the argument in all that you are either not trying or suffering cognitive bias.

Cognitive bias happens unconsciously, but I do see your point, so it's unfortunate that you came with up with that as your conclusion.

At the same time I'll want to quote your signature "Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding."

I'm still of the opinion that laws are not going to help anyone in this case, as the people that will fool around with self driving cars will not care.

1 hour ago, Senzelian said:

Cognitive bias happens unconsciously, but I do see your point, so it's unfortunate that you came with up with that as your conclusion.

At the same time I'll want to quote your signature "Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding."

I'm still of the opinion that laws are not going to help anyone in this case, as the people that will fool around with self driving cars will not care.

I don't understand why it is unfortunate that I concluded what the statistics tell us?