Problems with my Nikon DSLR

Grybas

Hello. I have a problem with my Nikon D3300 DSLR camera. Randomly, my camera won't read my SD card, and this error shows up: "This memory card cannot be used. Card may be damaged. Insert another card" And it really annoys me, because I need to pull out and insert SD card to work again... After some blowing into the SD socket in the camera, and SD card itself, finally it is working... for ~5 minutes... And if I am in the hurry, or when I need to photoshoot an event of school or moped, you can miss a really good moments... So.. my question is: Can you fix this issue without to camera taken to service... and yes, I tried a different SD card... and yes, my English skills are not perfect... 

297399221_5331304660293338_8811446135284329462_n.jpg

Have your tried putting the SD cards into a computer and formating it?

6 minutes ago, 1518 said:

Have your tried putting the SD cards into a computer and formating it?

Yea, I tried formating it through computer and through camera... No changes

1) that is a 2014 era camera, Nikon has moved on, you won't be able to get it serviced

2) have you tried a different SD card?

3) you can try updating the firmware and/or doing a hard reset of the camera to see if makes things work

Otherwise your contacts on the camera might be dirty and there is no easy way to clean them.

5 minutes ago, johnt said:

1) that is a 2014 era camera, Nikon has moved on, you won't be able to get it serviced

3) you can try updating the firmware and/or doing a hard reset of the camera to see if makes things work

Otherwise your contacts on the camera might be dirty and there is no easy way to clean them.

1) 😞
2) Yes, I tried... I tried with a high-end SD card, same problem
3) That's risky AF, because imagine... if in the middle in the firmware update, the SD card disconnects... The whole firmware is just gone... And I've got a newest available untill this day firmware before this problem.... 

3 minutes ago, Grybas said:

1) 😞
2) Yes, I tried... I tried with a high-end SD card, same problem
3) That's risky AF, because imagine... if in the middle in the firmware update, the SD card disconnects... The whole firmware is just gone... And I've got a newest available untill this day firmware before this problem.... 

Hard reset? That doesn't require a card.

11 minutes ago, johnt said:

I can only reset a shooting menu, but not my firmware... My camera doesn't have a "Hard reset" function... 

1 hour ago, johnt said:

I thing I will contact a Nikon support... Thanks for your help! 

1 hour ago, Grybas said:

I thing I will contact a Nikon support... Thanks for your help! 

Sorry I wasn't much of it. Be prepared for what Nikon will tell you... they have discontinued all DX models and they do not provide support for products that are discontinued. You might have better luck going to a local camera shop for repairs, if you have any left nearby.

Also, I don't know if you've worked with Nikon before, but their repair prices are very steep. They will fix it properly, but man does it cost money. I dropped a D700 attached to a 70-200mm VR about ten years ago and it cost me $1,100 to replace the lens mount on the camera and the VR system on the lens. I have a 35mm and 58mm primes that need some service and I am so worried about sending them in lol

21 hours ago, johnt said:

Sorry I wasn't much of it. Be prepared for what Nikon will tell you... they have discontinued all DX models and they do not provide support for products that are discontinued. You might have better luck going to a local camera shop for repairs, if you have any left nearby.

Also, I don't know if you've worked with Nikon before, but their repair prices are very steep. They will fix it properly, but man does it cost money. I dropped a D700 attached to a 70-200mm VR about ten years ago and it cost me $1,100 to replace the lens mount on the camera and the VR system on the lens. I have a 35mm and 58mm primes that need some service and I am so worried about sending them in lol

No worries! Quick question. Does your SD card get really warm after ~3 minutes of use...?  

51 minutes ago, Grybas said:

No worries! Quick question. Does your SD card get really warm after ~3 minutes of use...?  

On the Nikon cameras I own with SD cards... no.

I just thought of something. Are your batteries still good? They might be causing some issues if they are really old.

1 hour ago, johnt said:

On the Nikon cameras I own with SD cards... no.

I just thought of something. Are your batteries still good? They might be causing some issues if they are really old.

Yep... My batteries still good... They hold charge as new battery... with one charge, I can take~700 photos (with OEM battery)

Note: I have non-OEM battery, but I use this battery only for emergency

On 8/7/2022 at 4:03 PM, johnt said:

You can still get it serviced, but it would be by a service centre that supports it, like how you have camera repair shops for film cameras from the 40s. You would have to look around, though, because not all do, or you can use their website to search repair shops that they authorised. Same for things like the Hasselblad scanners, etc.

On 8/7/2022 at 4:27 PM, Grybas said:

I can only reset a shooting menu, but not my firmware... My camera doesn't have a "Hard reset" function... 

They do have a hard reset, but it entails disassembling your camera. Yesterday I took the IR filter off my camera's sensor, and all I used was a flat head. (sony A200) This meant taking out lots of ribbon cables, so you need to be careful. But I understand not everyone is ok with taking apart their camera 

Snapchat-1615111351.jpg