high stutter/fps drops in gta 5

Hello everybody.

I don't know what to call it, fps drops or stuttering, but either way it's annoying and makes the game unplayable.

So the problem is that game drops from 100+ to low 20 fps every few seconds, especially while using a vehicle, and I have tried all of the suggested solutions that i've found so far. One thing that I noticed, frame timings jump up from 6-11ms to over 60ms every time it happens. Also similar thing happens in Hunt showdown.

For PC specs:

Ryzen 7 3800x

32 Gb of G.skill ram at 3200 mega transfers

EVGA RTX 3080ti ftw

PSU Seasonic Prime PX 80 PLUS Platinum 1000W

storage (Team Group T-Force Cardea Ceramic 1Tb PCIe gen.4 SSD and SAMSUNG 970 EVO Plus 1Tb NVMe SSD)

mobo asus rog strix x570-f gaming

resizable bar is enabled and all drivers are up to date also used DDU to do a clean install of gpu and audio drivers 

Try limiting the framerate. If the game goes over 170 fps or so (easy with this setup), this will happen because of the old engine.

2 hours ago, Pixelfie said:

Try limiting the framerate. If the game goes over 170 fps or so (easy with this setup), this will happen because of the old engine.

as I wrote before, I have tried everything that I was able to find on the net including limiting the frame rate