Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Finally got a ps5 soo what accessories ?

StarJump

So i finally got a playstation 5...soon wont be here till next week xD but was wondering if there are any good accessories ? i already have a 1 tb samsung 980 pro for it (do i need a heat sink for it ?) and planning on getting the dark plates from D brand or one of those plates from amazon , and thinking of getting the sony headphones since im getting a bit tired with my sony xm4s and need a upgrade lol,  are there any other accessories i should take note of ? :3

Gen 4 ssds work much better with a heatsink, it can reduce performance and lifespan without it, for console gaming you dont need that extra speed but it can still reduce lifespan of the drive.

PC Specifications: AMD R5 5600X @4.75GHz 1.30v SMT Disabled Noctua NH-D15s 16gb 2x8 Trident Z RGB 3600 cl16-22-22-26-21 GDM Off 1.44v Gigabyte B450M DS3H f63b EVGA GTX 970 SSC ACX 2.0 Windows 10 Home 64-Bit EVGA 750 G5 Phanteks P400a (arctic p12 fans 3 intake, 2 exhaust) Peripherals: Corsair Strafe RGB | Logitech G502 Hero | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro 80 Ohm black headphones Monitor: Asus TUF Gaming VG279QM 1080p 280hz 27" ips

I'd definitely recommend getting a second controller and a charging stand, the battery life on the Dualsense controller isn't great, especially if the game uses the haptic feedback functions. Personally I got the official PS5 charger so that way I always have one controller fully charged and can change them on the fly.

DualSense battery life is pretty good IMO, much much better than on the DualShock 4.

D-Brand plates are ugly IMO, the official black plates look way better. Mostly because Sony sued D-Brand to not allow them to put out plates that look like the Sony ones. You definitely want a heatsink for your M.2 SSD as there is no cooling for it provided by the system.

3 hours ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

D-Brand plates are ugly IMO, the official black plates look way better. Mostly because Sony sued D-Brand to not allow them to put out plates that look like the Sony ones. You definitely want a heatsink for your M.2 SSD as there is no cooling for it provided by the system.

i already got a heatsink from sabrent ^^ , i know about the whole d brand deal , but whenever i want to get one from sony there black plates are always out xD but i do want to get something to cover up the middle of that glossy finish.

32 minutes ago, StarJump said:

i already got a heatsink from sabrent ^^ , i know about the whole d brand deal , but whenever i want to get one from sony there black plates are always out xD but i do want to get something to cover up the middle of that glossy finish.

Unreal that a couple of pieces of cheap plastic selling for $55 is out of stock. WTF is Sony doing not having something so profitable and easy to make in stock?