Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Seasonic TX-1000 Upgrade?

SavageNZL

Hi Everyone,

I recently purchased a Seasonic TX-1000, will this keep me future proofed, I couldnt find it on the PSU Tier list, is it a good PSU, what would be considered an upgrade for this for the new 40 series gpus? I normally run a mid to top end cpu and gpu eg 10900/3080 etc

Does it have the latest technology or is there better things out now

It's fine. Being from Seasonic, it has cut corners, but if those don't bother you, it's fine. Not sure why you'd ask after buying the PSU, though. 

:)

I have a TX-1000 in one of my PCs right now running a 12900k and RTX 3080, no issues. 

10 hours ago, seon123 said:

It's fine. Being from Seasonic, it has cut corners, but if those don't bother you, it's fine. Not sure why you'd ask after buying the PSU, though. 

Which PSU companies are better? and what corners are cut?

1. 40c degrees tested instead of 50c

2. thinner gauge cables on the pig-tail of the GPU power cables (which mean using pig-tails is not recommended).

6 hours ago, SavageNZL said:

all psu companies make great and trash products

13 hours ago, SavageNZL said:

Ignore the brand, look at how good specific PSU models are. 

The fan makes a ticking noise at low RPM, the fan controller is rudimentary and lacks hysteresis (can get scenario with the fan turning on and off constantly), they lie about the temperature rating (rated for full load at 40C despite label saying 50C), the cables are 18 AWG (you want 16AWG), the PCIe connectors are not the high current variant and  it is known to have issues with high end GPUs due to noise on the 12V line. Again, if none of things bother you with your use, it's fine. 

:)

5 hours ago, seon123 said:

it is known to have issues with high end GPUs due to noise on the 12V line

Allegedly* for the new Post-OneSeasonic revision PSUs. 

There's not enough information to prove or disprove post revision ones have 12v sense problems. There's been a couple of people with some issues, but nothing like the dozens up dozens for the pre revision units.

The confusion though probably stems from the fact that some of the higher wattage models have only just recently came out on the market (really long period of replacing the older units).

+ There might be some issues with SATA [either cables and/or 3v,5v rail heavy load] (a few people reported some on another forum), but again not a lot of reports (HwBusters and Power Cultists discords get a lot more traffic around these kinds of discussions, so there might be more info there, or people there know more)