ios 16 beta killed my iphone 11?

Ppump12valve

hello, I have had countless problems with my iPhone 11 over the last month. Before I installed the beta, I was still having battery issues, I can only get about five hours of battery use out of it. The only apps I use are texting, Safari and Snapchat. I barely watch YouTube or use TikTok usually have a screen time of 2 1/2 hours. Lots of listening to music without Bluetooth over the last however, long before I install the latest beta, it was running older versions (beta 1 and 2) however, randomly my Face ID quit working and the phone was not in contact with water dropped or anything, and on Apple’s website it said to update my iPhone, so I did. Which happen to be iOS 16 beta 4  I believe. Ever since then, my phone will now die, and only about an hour and a half. Getting incredibly hot to the touch, shutting off multiple times, freezing and even turning itself off, and I can’t turn it back on for almost half an hour, if I accidentally put the phone in low power mode game over. The screen completely freezes, and I can’t even force shut it down. It gets completely stuck and it will take about an hour forward to finally shut itself down. I take very good care of this phone inside an OtterBox and it only has one tiny scratch on the screen. AT&T agreed to replace my phone with an iPhone 12 for only a $200 deductible. But I guess this is just a warning for people trying to install these betas . 

3 minutes ago, Ppump12valve said:

hello, I have had countless problems with my iPhone 11 over the last month. Before I installed the beta, I was still having battery issues, I can only get about five hours of battery use out of it. The only apps I use are texting, Safari and Snapchat. I barely watch YouTube or use TikTok usually have a screen time of 2 1/2 hours. Lots of listening to music without Bluetooth over the last however, long before I install the latest beta, it was running older versions (beta 1 and 2) however, randomly my Face ID quit working and the phone was not in contact with water dropped or anything, and on Apple’s website it said to update my iPhone, so I did. Which happen to be iOS 16 beta 4  I believe. Ever since then, my phone will now die, and only about an hour and a half. Getting incredibly hot to the touch, shutting off multiple times, freezing and even turning itself off, and I can’t turn it back on for almost half an hour, if I accidentally put the phone in low power mode game over. The screen completely freezes, and I can’t even force shut it down. It gets completely stuck and it will take about an hour forward to finally shut itself down. I take very good care of this phone inside an OtterBox and it only has one tiny scratch on the screen. AT&T agreed to replace my phone with an iPhone 12 for only a $200 deductible. But I guess this is just a warning for people trying to install these betas . 

What did Apple (Store) say about your issues?

"Do what makes the experience better" - in regards to PCs and Life itself.

Onyx AMD Ryzen 7 7800x3d / MSI 6900xt Gaming X Trio / Gigabyte B650 AORUS Pro AX / G. Skill Flare X5 6000CL36 32GB / Samsung 980 1TB x3 / Super Flower Leadex V Platinum Pro 850 / EK-AIO 360 Basic / Fractal Design North XL (black mesh) / AOC AGON 35" 3440x1440 100Hz / Mackie CR5BT / Corsair Virtuoso SE / Cherry MX Board 3.0 / Logitech G502

7800X3D - PBO -30 all cores, 4.90GHz all core, 5.05GHz single core, 18286 C23 multi, 1779 C23 single

Emma : i9 9900K @5.1Ghz - Gigabyte AORUS 1080Ti - Gigabyte AORUS Z370 Gaming 5 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3200CL16 - 750 EVO 512GB + 2x 860 EVO 1TB (RAID0) - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate 360mm - Fractal Design Define R6 - TP-Link AC1900 PCIe Wifi

Raven: AMD Ryzen 5 5600x3d - ASRock B550M Pro4 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 3200Mhz - XFX Radeon RX6650XT - Samsung 980 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB - TP-Link AC600 USB Wifi - Gigabyte GP-P450B PSU -  Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L -  Samsung 27" 1080p

Plex : AMD Ryzen 5 5600 - Gigabyte B550M AORUS Elite AX - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 2400Mhz - MSI 1050Ti 4GB - Crucial P3 Plus 500GB + WD Red NAS 4TBx2 - TP-Link AC1200 PCIe Wifi - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - ASUS Prime AP201 - Spectre 24" 1080p

Steam Deck 512GB OLED

OnePlus: 

OnePlus 11 5G - 16GB RAM, 256GB NAND, Eternal Green

OnePlus Buds Pro 2 - Eternal Green

Other Tech:

- 2021 Volvo S60 Recharge T8 Polestar Engineered - 415hp/495tq 2.0L 4cyl. turbocharged, supercharged and electrified.

Lenovo 720S Touch 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400MHz, 512GB NVMe SSD, 1050Ti, 4K touchscreen

MSI GF62 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400 MHz, 256GB NVMe SSD + 1TB 7200rpm HDD, 1050Ti

- Ubiquiti Amplifi HD mesh wifi

I guess this is why there is a difference between beta and final release? A beta is for them to do testing and fixing issues before releasing to the public. So problems are to be expected. It could be totally trash. 

IMHO, you should not install betas on a daily driver. Maybe if you want to nerd around and have a spare phone for funs and giggles. 

And only install the final release if your phone is actually listed. Newer OS may require more memory, CPU etc. But I assume Apple would lock that down for non-approved hardware. 

AMD 9 7900 + Thermalright Peerless Assassin SE

Gigabyte B650m DS3H

2x16GB GSkill 60000 CL30

Samsung 980 Pro 2TB

Fractal Torrent Compact

Seasonic Focus Plus 550W Platinum

W11 Pro

42 minutes ago, Ppump12valve said:

Just…. uninstall the beta and revert to IOS 15. 

Rig: i7 13700k - - Asus Z790-P Wifi - - RTX 4080 - - 4x16GB 6000MHz - - Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe Boot + Main Programs - - Assorted SATA SSD's for Photo Work - - Corsair RM850x - - Sound BlasterX EA-5 - - Corsair XC8 JTC Edition - - Corsair GPU Full Cover GPU Block - - XT45 X-Flow 420 + UT60 280 rads - - EK XRES RGB PWM - - Fractal Define S2 - - Acer Predator X34 -- Logitech G502 - - Logitech G710+ - - Logitech Z5500 - - LTT Deskpad

Headphones/amp/dac: Schiit Lyr 3 - - Fostex TR-X00 - - Sennheiser HD 6xx

Homelab/ Media Server: Proxmox VE host - - 512 NVMe Samsung 980 RAID Z1 for VM's/Proxmox boot - - Xeon e5 2660 V4- - Supermicro X10SRF-i - - 128 GB ECC 2133 - - 10x4 TB WD Red RAID Z2 - - Corsair 750D - - Corsair RM650i - - Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA - - Intel RES2SC240 SAS Expander - - TreuNAS + many other VM’s

iPhone 14 Pro - 2018 MacBook Air

It's a beta. Installing it on your daily driver is *always* a risk. Rollback and wait for at least golden master

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

If you were having issues with your phone on normal software why the fuck would you install a beta?

On 8/6/2022 at 2:36 AM, Lurking said:

IMHO, you should not install betas on a daily driver. Maybe if you want to nerd around and have a spare phone for funs and giggles. 

As a developer I find using the beta as my daily driver to be useful as it helps me understand which of the new features will be popular among users so I can target my apps to support these for release.  But if I did not have this need I would absolutly wait for final release if not the 16.1 patch that will likly ship a month after final release.   Beta software (from anyone) is beta and will be nasty, you can of course always nuke and pave resetting your os back to the current stable release but make user you have good backups as nuke and pave will clear all of your devices storage. 

On 8/5/2022 at 7:08 AM, Ppump12valve said:

hello, I have had countless problems with my iPhone 11 over the last month. Before I installed the beta, I was still having battery issues, I can only get about five hours of battery use out of it. The only apps I use are texting, Safari and Snapchat.

You were already having problems - not the best idea to instal beta.

Betas are made for devs and journalists.

I have 11 Pro and I use it intensely on daily basis - easily a day of battery.

0) Check battery health (mine’s still 99%)

1) Reset to factory settings to check if battery issue is still there.

2) Are your ‘battery preservation’ options on; do you avoid 0-100 charging?