Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Can I fit my Dell optiplex 7010 add motherboard. In an ATX case?

 Share

Okay so I bought a new gpu and it won't fit in my Dell optiplex 7010 sff case. And I was wondering if I could buy a new case without changing the motherboard. Because that would be an extra $100. Which I don't have. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Is this the 980 TI you posted abt earlier? 
The board is a proprietary form factor. Although you might be able to slap it in a 7010 full tower case? At least on Optiplex 700 series, the boards were identical in SFF and tower cases.

I'm not a professional, just an enthusiast. I don't know everything.

HGST Ultrastar: The last HDD you'll ever need to buy (and the one I always recommend).

Schrödinger's CPU: The Q9650. Is it irrelevant? Is it not? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Mel0n. said:

Is this the 980 TI you posted abt earlier? 
The board is a proprietary form factor. Although you might be able to slap it in a 7010 full tower case? At least on Optiplex 700 series, the boards were identical in SFF and tower cases.

Yes it's the 980ti I already knew there were going to be some problems. But not this much. So I feel like it's easier to get a new case. And I was looking at the MT version of the case but I couldn't find a cheap one for no reason. Lowest I could find was $190 on eBay. And I don't rlly wanna spend that much on a PC case like that. I could buy a way nicer one for half that price. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Outspending said:

Yes it's the 980ti I already knew there were going to be some problems. But not this much. So I feel like it's easier to get a new case. And I was looking at the MT version of the case but I couldn't find a cheap one for no reason. Lowest I could find was $190 on eBay. And I don't rlly wanna spend that much on a PC case like that. I could buy a way nicer one for half that price. 

Could get somethin like this for 30 buckaroonies

Dell Optiplex 3010 7010 9010 MT 3rd Gen Barebone motherboard PSU *No CPU/RAM/SSD | eBay'

swap over your CPU, RAM, GPU, install new PSU and boom new PC

I'm not a professional, just an enthusiast. I don't know everything.

HGST Ultrastar: The last HDD you'll ever need to buy (and the one I always recommend).

Schrödinger's CPU: The Q9650. Is it irrelevant? Is it not? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Did this to an Optiplex 760 MT to vertically mount a GPU. You could probably do something similar with a Dremel, a few hours, and a lack of dignity

image.thumb.png.6c97ab5ca8438eb970b305c109aaece1.png

I'm not a professional, just an enthusiast. I don't know everything.

HGST Ultrastar: The last HDD you'll ever need to buy (and the one I always recommend).

Schrödinger's CPU: The Q9650. Is it irrelevant? Is it not? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Mel0n. said:

Did this to an Optiplex 760 MT to vertically mount a GPU. You could probably do something similar with a Dremel, a few hours, and a lack of dignity

image.thumb.png.6c97ab5ca8438eb970b305c109aaece1.png

Wouldn't the GTX 980TI fit in that case without doing that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

But I was wanting to know if the screw holes on the Dell motherboard will align with the ones on a case that isn't dell.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Outspending said:

But I was wanting to know if the screw holes on the Dell motherboard will align with the ones on a case that isn't dell.

They wont with the sff board

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, jaslion said:

They wont with the sff board

Its the MT version of the board. Idk how I got the MT version In my SFF but it is. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, jaslion said:

Weird but that works.

 

Youll also need a new psu. What gpu did you buy?

Yeah I've already bought a 600w PSU. And the GPU that I have is a GTX 980TI. 

16597244678717929556612070521259.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Outspending said:

Yeah I've already bought a 600w PSU. And the GPU that I have is a GTX 980TI. 

16597244678717929556612070521259.jpg

I hope its a good quality 600w? Whats the model nr?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×