Primo chill utopia long term user experience is kindly needed

Long story short was running ek mystic fog  but wanted to turn to clear water (nothing wrong with ek mystic fog it looks really great ) bought primochill utopia and was searching about where to find expiration date when suddenly google showed a search for is it safe with Nickel . Clicked on it found a couple of people saying that it eroded their nickel blocks . And I have nickel blocks and fittings. yeah I bought primochill utopia already but I don't mind throwing it away if it's going to mess up my nickel plating . So any one was been using it for long while with nickel blocks input would be really helpful 

46 minutes ago, chaotic kronos said:

Long story short was running ek mystic fog  but wanted to turn to clear water (nothing wrong with ek mystic fog it looks really great ) bought primochill utopia and was searching about where to find expiration date when suddenly google showed a search for is it safe with Nickel . Clicked on it found a couple of people saying that it eroded their nickel blocks . And I have nickel blocks and fittings. yeah I bought primochill utopia already but I don't mind throwing it away if it's going to mess up my nickel plating . So any one was been using it for long while with nickel blocks input would be really helpful 

So you wanted to use water, but instead used this stuff you paid a fair amount of money for and are hearing rumors that it is bad for your machine and are trying to confirm it.  I would guess the main reason you haven’t removed the stuff and replaced it with water already is that it was expensive.  Myself I don’t understand why you’re not just using water.  Colors are cool and all I guess.  Sunken cost fallacy may be a thing here. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

2 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

So you wanted to use water, but instead used this stuff you paid a fair amount of money for and are hearing rumors that it is bad for your machine and are trying to confirm it.  I would guess the main reason you haven’t removed the stuff and replaced it with water already is that it was expensive.  Myself I don’t understand why you’re not just using water.  Colors are cool and all I guess.  Sunken cost fallacy may be a thing here. 

No u got it wrong.  Ek mystic fog was great the only reason iam shifting to water with utopia is that mystic fog got its price tripled out of no where and that is a local issue . Also I didn't put primochill utopia in my system yet

There's a lot of things wrong with EK Mystic Fog. Great stuff if you want to gunk up your system. It's a crappy product if you don't care bout anything besides looks when new. I'd generally levy that criticism against any opaque coolant used long term, but in this case, issues with Mystic Fog creating maintenance nightmares is well documented and pretty common.

While not exactly specified by Primochill, its thought that Liquid Utopia is copper sulfate based. It'll work as a biocide, but I wouldn't necessarily use it if you have anything nickel plated in the loop as it can coat/plate copper ions onto the nickel over time. I once used it in a loop around 2012 and I had corrosion issues with that loop. That's my only experience using it.

I'd personally just go for a clear premix like Mayhems X1 to make things easy. Koolance makes some good stuff too premix wise. ModMyMods ModWater is a great option as well if in the US (though don't use with certain kinds of tubing). I'd generally just stay away from EK Cryofuel. That's gotta be some of the crappiest coolant on the market. Seen many times where even the clear gunks up on folks.

Zen 3 Daily Rig (2022 - Present): AMD Ryzen 9 5900X + Optimus Foundations AM4 | Nvidia RTX 3080 Ti FE + Alphacool Eisblock 3080 FE | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32GB DDR4-3600 (@3733 c14) | ASUS Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 2x Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB | Crucial MX500 1TB | Corsair RM1000x | Lian Li O11 Dynamic | LG 48" C1 | EK Quantum Kinetic TBE 200 w/ D5 | HWLabs GTX360 and GTS360 | Bitspower True Brass 14mm | Corsair 14mm White PMMA | ModMyMods Mod Water Clear | 9x BeQuiet Silent Wings 3 120mm PWM High Speed | Aquacomputer Highflow NEXT | Aquacomputer Octo

Test Bench: 

CPUs: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400, Core i5-2400, Core i7-4790K, Core i9-10900K, Core i3-13100, Core i9-13900KS

Motherboards: ASUS Z97-Deluxe, EVGA Z490 Dark, EVGA Z790 Dark Kingpin

GPUs: GTX 275 (RIP), 2x GTX 560, GTX 570, 2x GTX 650 Ti Boost, GTX 980, Titan X (Maxwell), x2 HD 6850

Bench: Cooler Master Masterframe 700 (bench mode)

Cooling: Heatkiller IV Pro Pure Copper | Koolance GPU-210 | HWLabs L-Series 360 | XSPC EX360 | Aquacomputer D5 | Bitspower Water Tank Z-Multi 250 | Monsoon Free Center Compressions | Mayhems UltraClear | 9x Arctic P12 120mm PWM PST

59 minutes ago, Sir Beregond said:

There's a lot of things wrong with EK Mystic Fog. Great stuff if you want to gunk up your system. It's a crappy product if you don't care bout anything besides looks when new. I'd generally levy that criticism against any opaque coolant used long term, but in this case, issues with Mystic Fog creating maintenance nightmares is well documented and pretty common.

While not exactly specified by Primochill, its thought that Liquid Utopia is copper sulfate based. It'll work as a biocide, but I wouldn't necessarily use it if you have anything nickel plated in the loop as it can coat/plate copper ions onto the nickel over time. I once used it in a loop around 2012 and I had corrosion issues with that loop. That's my only experience using it.

I'd personally just go for a clear premix like Mayhems X1 to make things easy. Koolance makes some good stuff too premix wise. ModMyMods ModWater is a great option as well if in the US (though don't use with certain kinds of tubing). I'd generally just stay away from EK Cryofuel. That's gotta be some of the crappiest coolant on the market. Seen many times where even the clear gunks up on folks.

My loop was brand new when  I used mystic fog . But basically any kind of opaque coolant comes with risk of clogging your loop . I won't say maintenance is easy but in range with other opaque fluids.

Ek mystic fog feels like primochill vue were people got nightmares with it or it works fine as a charm. The idea I cant get premix for some reason custom checks got issue with it.  only concentrates as u say now ek and primochill are out of the picture I got no idea