Vizio TV V555-H11 screen problem.

JoseHM
Go to solution Solved by bmx6454,
55 minutes ago, JoseHM said:

I tried to get my mother to locate the warranty information, but she doesn't remember where she left it.

I would recommend contacting Vizio support, they may be able to find it by your serial number.

So this started from nowhere. It starts with a black screen with a horizontal line all across the screen. Then these red, black, and orange vertical lines cover the entire screen, as shown in the picture. I tried to power cycle the tv to see if that could help it, but so far it hasn't. Any suggestions as to what is wrong with it are appreciated.

Update:

So I decided to contact Vizio support. The representative asked me if the tv was connected to the internet, and if it was okay for him to perform a remote factory reset to the tv to see if that could fix it. I agree with it, and now the tv is working again. Hopefully, my experience can help other people who run into a similar problem as mine.

20220801_173322.jpg

Smashed LCD, you sure you didnt throw stuff or have dropped it?

Ryzen 9 5950X Gigabyte Aorus Elite B550 V2  MSI RX 6750XT Corsair HX1200 3xLL120 Fans 7xA12x25 Fans 5000D Airflow Vengeance RGB PRO 1.450 @ 4133MHz CPU Cooler: NH-U12A

could be a bad tcon board, do you have any warranty left? if so, just return it for another.

17 hours ago, The_Hackintosh said:

Smashed LCD, you sure you didnt throw stuff or have dropped it?

Quite frankly I don't know, it could be. Is not my tv, is my stepdad tv.

15 hours ago, bmx6454 said:

could be a bad tcon board, do you have any warranty left? if so, just return it for another.

I tried to get my mother to locate the warranty information, but she doesn't remember where she left it.

55 minutes ago, JoseHM said:

I would recommend contacting Vizio support, they may be able to find it by your serial number.

On 8/2/2022 at 6:44 PM, bmx6454 said:

I decided to contact Vizio support. On their end, the factory warranty has already lapsed. But the representative suggested performing remote a factory reset. He did, and the tv is now working.