I have a little bit of an issue that’s been bothering me for the past couple of days

ceder15

A bit of a long one so get ready 

About 2 months ago i decided to build a gaming pc completely decked out with rtx 3070 and some other cool things. Everything worked out fine for about a month; I was content with my pc and I absolutely loved gaming on it. 

I can’t pinpoint exactly what happened but as I started to use my pc regularly for everyday things like making music, photo/video editing, and just overall general use, I started to realize that I really don’t like the feel of windows 11/10…for some reason.

For context, I came from macos. I’ve been using macos for about 8 years now, and I’ve really had no problems with it. I’ve also used windows for about a year on a separate computer , and I think I’ve used it enough to confidently say that it’s not all that I hoped it to be.

So, ltt forums, I need your help deciding what to do. I’m considering selling my pc which is around $1600, and getting the either the m2 mba or the m1 mbp, and returning any extra money to my parents who helped fund the pc build. I’ve done some research on the gaming performance on macs, and I’m fine with it (I don’t play very demanding games). I love macs. I’ve grown up with macs. I love the simplicity of macs. I love everything about macs.

Before anyone says anything, I am not getting a linux distro, duel booting macos and windows, or anything that involves changing bios and putting a new operating system other then windows on my ssd, because I already know that switching from windows to macOS is like a sin in the gaming community. I’m also curious if anyone has dealt with a problem similar to this, because this had legit bothered me for way longer then it should 

Thanks

If the games you play will run on Macos to your satisfaction and you prefer MacOs, then it's a no brainer for you.

Sell your pc and get a MBA. 

I had a M1 MBA for about a month and really enjoyed it, unfortunately running an IT services company I just wasn't wanting to relearn how to do things that I've been doing in Windows for the last 20 years.

Desktop: Intel i7-13700K / Asus ROG Strix  z690-e / Nvidia 4080 FE / 32GB DDR5 Corsair Dominator / 2TB  WD SN850x  / 48" Lg C2 & 27" Asus ProArt

Plex Server: Dell OptiPlex 7010 /  i7-13700 /  32GB DDR5 / 1TB Samsung  990 Pro / Ubuntu

Laptop: M2 Macbook Air / 8G ram / 8core CPU / 10core GPU / 512GB SSD

NAS: Synology 1821+ , 2x Synology RS819 = 200TB 

The OS you choose is your own personal decision. Sounds like you already know you're not happy and want a MAC again, but don't want to deal with the hassle of the sell/return/transfer.

If that's what you want, go for it.

Primary Gaming Rig:

Ryzen 5 5600 CPU, Gigabyte B450 I AORUS PRO WIFI mITX motherboard, PNY XLR8 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 RAM, Mushkin PILOT 500GB SSD (boot), Corsair Force 3 480GB SSD (games), XFX RX 5700 8GB GPU, Fractal Design Node 202 HTPC Case, Corsair SF 450 W 80+ Gold SFX PSU, Windows 11 Pro, Dell S2719DGF 27.0" 2560x1440 155 Hz Monitor, Corsair K68 RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard (MX Brown), Logitech G900 CHAOS SPECTRUM Wireless Mouse, Logitech G533 Headset

HTPC/Gaming Rig:

Ryzen 7 3700X CPU, ASRock B450M Pro4 mATX Motherboard, ADATA XPG GAMMIX D20 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 RAM, Mushkin PILOT 1TB SSD (boot), 2x Seagate BarraCuda 1 TB 3.5" HDD (data), Seagate BarraCuda 4 TB 3.5" HDD (DVR), PowerColor RX VEGA 56 8GB GPU, Fractal Design Node 804 mATX Case, Cooler Master MasterWatt 550 W 80+ Bronze Semi-modular ATX PSU, Silverstone SST-SOB02 Blu-Ray Writer, Windows 11 Pro, Logitech K400 Plus Keyboard, Corsair K63 Lapboard Combo (MX Red w/Blue LED), Logitech G603 Wireless Mouse, Kingston HyperX Cloud Stinger Headset, HAUPPAUGE WinTV-quadHD TV Tuner, Samsung 65RU9000 TV

Whatever apple says about their graphics capabilities in my experience their machines with a a discrete GPU handle games etc way better. I'm sure you know that but putting that here just in case

Have you considered trying to download MacOS onto your existing PC? You could also try installing a Linux distribution that is similar to MacOs - Elementary OS comes to mind.

My PC Specs: (expand to view)

Main Gaming Machine

CPU: Intel Core i7-10700K - OC to 5 GHz All Cores
CPU Cooler: Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT (Front Mounted AIO)
Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600

Storage: Intel 665p 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD (x2)
Video Card: Zotac RTX 3070 8 GB GAMING Twin Edge OC

Power Supply: Corsair RM850 850W
Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow
Case Fan 120mm: Noctua F12 PWM 54.97 CFM 120 mm (x1)
Case Fan 140mm: Noctua A14 PWM 82.5 CFM 140 mm (x4)
Monitor Main: Asus VG278QR 27.0" 1920x1080 165 Hz
Monitor Vertical: Asus VA27EHE 27.0" 1920x1080 75 Hz

I don’t want to have a hackintosh pc + I don’t feel like going through the hassle of editing bios and all of that. Thank you for the recommendation though 

1 hour ago, James A C said:

Whatever apple says about their graphics capabilities in my experience their machines with a a discrete GPU handle games etc way better. I'm sure you know that but putting that here just in case

Yes, I did know that. Thank you