Ps3 Not playing games at 720p and show no signals at 720p

Hammad Rizwan

I have a ps3 and its running games for about 5 months i recently have problems with my ps3 like sometimes the display goes off and suddenly come back on i have tired to fix it by  resetting the hdmi setting of ps3 did not work last couple of days i have another problem and its that my ps3 turns on at 1080p and when i click on the game it does not show signals i tired to change the setting of ps3 from 1080p to 720p same result it show no signals and revert back to 1080p my display support 720p. If u want further information i can give them to you.Thanks:)

Have you tried what it does on a different display? Might be the display and not the console.

On 8/4/2022 at 4:09 PM, MLConian said:

Have you tried what it does on a different display? Might be the display and not the console.

have not tried a different display but i have done everything i can do with console like changing setting hdmi firmware but i use to play games on the display before 

thx for your idea i will change the display

2 hours ago, Hammad Rizwan said:

have not tried a different display but i have done everything i can do with console like changing setting hdmi firmware but i use to play games on the display before 

thx for your idea i will change the display

If that doesn't work, try to backup your savegames and re-install the OS. There are lots of guides online on how to do that, it's quite easy.