WHALE LAN EVENT - IT'S OVER!! (Thank You to Everyone that Attended!!!)

Chase Douglas

We're Hosting A LAN Event!

Join us on July 29th, 6:00PM - July 31st, 10:00 AM for 40 straight hours of gaming!

Ticket Info

BYOC - $112.46 CAD

This ticket gives you access to:

• x1 Regular BYOC seat (4'x30")

All BYOC seats have a ViewSonic® ELITE XG240R 24" 1080p 1ms 144Hz available for use during the LAN if desired.

You are required to bring:

• Your Computer
  • Mouse, Keyboard, Mousepad, Headphones
  • Ethernet cable (25ft minimum)

If you are under 18 you must be accompanied by a chaperone or guardian (who also has a ticket). Please see event page for additional details.

Whale - $5,938.24

You're a certified WHALE. Don't worry about bringing any hardware to the event, we'll build a PC for you. With this ticket, you'll receive:  

- x1 Premium BYOC Seat (8'x30" table)
  - x1 Deluxe Office Tour
  - x1 $250 lttstore.com Voucher

Physical Goods and Merchandise , which includes:

• x1 lttstore.com Backpack
  • x1 Whale LAN Hoodie
  • x1 Signed lttstore.com Mousepad
  • x1 Logitech Pro X Superlight (Black) 
  • x1 Logitech G915 TKL Lightspeed w/Tactile
  • x1 Logitech G Pro X Wireless Headset
  • x1 ASUS TUF Gaming VG27AQ Monitor
  • x1 PC

- AMD Ryzen R7 5800X

- EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 ULTRA GAMING (LHR)
             - ASUS ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING
             - SAMSUNG 980 Pro 1TB M.2
             - G.Skill 32 GB Trident Z NEO DDR4 RAM CL16 - 3600
             - EK AIO Elite 360mm D-RGB
             - Cooler Master V850 GOLD V2 80+ Gold Power Supply 
             - Lian-Li O11D Mini (White or Black) 

*The listed Whale ticket price includes the  BC PST 7% of $329.99 for physical goods and merchandise listed above of the value of $4,714.17.

PST-1470-4234

Office Tour Add-on - $50 CAD

• Take a tour of the office during Whale LAN, available for the first time since remodeling the office!

What to expect at WHALE LAN:

• Scheduled tournaments and challenges
  • Linus' Power Hour sessions (Game of the hour)
  • Lounge with local co-op and party games
  • LMG Staff hanging out and playing games
  • LAN Cache server for quick access to some popular titles

LAN Schedule

BYOC Load-in Time: Friday, July 29th @ 4:00PM

Official Start Time: Friday, July 29th @ 6:00PM

Official End Time: Sunday, July 31st @ 10:00AM

What you'll need to bring:

• Your computer
  • Peripherals (mouse, keyboard, headphones, mousepad)
  • An ethernet cable (25ft minimum)

Optional:

• Monitor (If you opt-out of the provided monitor, which is a ViewSonic® ELITE XG240R 24" 1080p 1ms 144Hz)
  • Chair (If you want something a little more comfortable)

Important Info

• Tickets are not transferable and not refundable.
  • You must have a BYOC or Whale LAN ticket in order to redeem your Office Tour Add-on
  • A film release and event waiver must be signed prior to attending (online or when checking in on-site)
  • Guests under 18 must have a guardian/chaperone attend the event with them, see additional info below.

For guests under 18:

We required anyone under 18 attending the LAN be accompanied by a chaperone or guardian, everyone attending the event must have a ticket to enter the venue. There are no 'guest passes' specifically for chaperones or guardians due to capacity limits at the venue.

• Ages 18-17 must have a guardian onsite after 10pm until 8am.
  • Ages 16 or younger must always have a chaperone onsite with them.

Extras!

To tide you over until tomorrow we've got a few Whale LAN wallpapers, available on Imgur and attached to this post: https://lmg.gg/hhIX4

LTT WHALE LAN Wallpapers_Dark Mode.png

LTT WHALE LAN Wallpapers_Light Mode.png

I'm guessing the event page is still under construction and that's why it needs a password, if not where do we get it

5 minutes ago, Brendan Smith said:

Are the posted ticket prices in CAD?

Ticket prices will be in CAD

Are the tickets going on sale at Noon Pacific Time. I want to make sure I get one.

3 minutes ago, sal said:

I'm guessing the event page is still under construction and that's why it needs a password, if not where do we get it

Yeah, we didn't want to delay but we needed a little bit more time before we can sell tickets. The page should be unlocked shortly before sales start at 12pm PDT tomorrow.

Just now, Sid34 said:

Are the tickets going on sale at Noon Pacific Time. I want to make sure I get one.

Yep, Noon Pacific Time, just made an edit to include that info.

5 minutes ago, Chase Douglas said:

Yep, Noon Pacific Time, just made an edit to include that info.

Thanks for the clarification.

If I wanted to bring my wife alone who doesn't game, but wants to come along, how do? 

i5-12600k, 3090 Gaming X Trio

We'll settle this the old navy way: First guy to die, LOSES!

Quick question: what monitor is being provided, wanna know if it's gonna be better than mine or if it's worth bringing my current one

Also should we bring our lttstore.com deskpads or will there be some there?

2 minutes ago, LongGoneWind said:

Quick question: what monitor is being provided, wanna know if it's gonna be better than mine or if it's worth bringing my current one

Also interested in this.  I'd love to not have to disassemble my monitor arm setup if I don't have to.

22 minutes ago, LongGoneWind said:

18 minutes ago, Livin said:

Also interested in this.  I'd love to not have to disassemble my monitor arm setup if I don't have to.

Added to post, unless you don't want it setup as part of the purchase process we'll have ViewSonic® ELITE XG240R 24" 1080p 1ms 144Hz Monitors available for use during the LAN. We figured that it'd be a nice to have and if you really, really want something that's a higher fidelity then you're free to bring your own 😅.

One of the few times I wished I was in Canada that wasn't related to the u.s. govt lol. Have fun everybody!

35 minutes ago, LongGoneWind said:

I didn't measure before I ordered and have a 1500x900 desk pad I should bring and share with 3-4 others. 

21 minutes ago, Chase Douglas said:

Added to post, unless you don't want it setup as part of the purchase process we'll have ViewSonic® ELITE XG240R 24" 1080p 1ms 144Hz Monitors available for use during the LAN. We figured that it'd be a nice to have and if you really, really want something that's a higher fidelity then you're free to bring your own 😅.

That's plenty for a provided monitor. For a weekend of games a 1080p 144hz monitor is great.

@Chase DouglasYou may want to update if a display cable is provided (and if so type(s)) or if that's expected to be brought by the individual as well. No problem bringing my own cable, but would be good for clarity. 

Despite the actual system being more expensive, the monitor has a way higher chance of being damaged in transport. Really appreciate LMG having the provided monitor option, definitely helps! 

Just now, Livin said:

That's plenty for a provided monitor. For a weekend of games a 1080p 144hz monitor is great.

@Chase DouglasYou may want to update if a display cable is provided (and if so type(s)) or if that's expected to be brought by the individual as well. No problem bringing my own cable, but would be good for clarity. 

Despite the actual system being more expensive, the monitor has a way higher chance of being damaged in transport. Really appreciate LMG having the provided monitor option, definitely helps! 

Didn't include that info at the moment as the monitors will have power and a DP cable. we'll have extra DP and HDMI cables on-site in the event that we need to troubleshoot a cable or someone needs an HDMI connection.

Will there be a maximum number of tickets one person can purchase? I want to buy for myself and a couple friends.

2 minutes ago, Tylo97 said:

Will there be a maximum number of tickets one person can purchase? I want to buy for myself and a couple friends.

Currently set to 4 tickets max so things don't get out of hand, we felt that was a fair number if someone is purchasing tickets for a group.

I may show my face around. Only question is, if the tickets are for local people only. Just asking incase there's a bunch of people trolling the system that don't actually plan on going.

CPU: A good one | Motherboard: A blue medium in size | RAM: Enough for gaming | GPU: Two big ones | Case: Black with colors | Storage: More then enough | PSU: Could kill me if I licked it | Displays: Two of them | Cooling: A few fans | Keyboard: Yes | Mouse: Yes, on a wire | Sound: Sure | Operating System: You betcha!

What's the food/sleeping situation going to be like? As much as I would love to stay up 40 hours straight, i will pass out before then. Am i permitted to set up a camping tent outside of lab 2? Are we going to be doing food raids on the local McDonald?

Is the LAN looking for events or vendors? Not sure how the LAN is setup exactly. Maybe I could set-up a fire-extinguisher event. 😆
Totally video game related! 😁 👍

7YRH.gif

P.S. The LAN whale mascot is so freakin cute! Designer should be proud. Hopefully it gets re-used in the future or becomes merch! It even comes with dark mode!
 I'd buy that as a sticker. 👍

35 minutes ago, Meep_Master said:

Is the LAN looking for events or vendors? Not sure how the LAN is setup exactly. Maybe I could set-up a fire-extinguisher event. 😆
Totally video game related! 😁 👍

7YRH.gif

P.S. The LAN whale mascot is so freakin cute! Designer should be proud. Hopefully it gets re-used in the future or becomes merch! It even comes with dark mode!
 I'd buy that as a sticker. 👍

Sarah did an awesome job on the mascot/logo, hopefully we get a chance to use it more in the future!

Is there any need for volunteers