Is Intel advertising to kids??

22 minutes ago, CT854 said:

It's about funding in some schools. But yeah, some instructors/professors are set in their ways.

A lot more justifiable if you have been teaching a class from the same set of transparencies for decades.

Funding is definitely a thing, people set in their ways as well, but I don't believe that covers it all.

Overhead projectors van be right next to their desk, they can easily see what the students are doing, whether they get it. And drawing something out on a small piece of glass vs drawing on a large board, is still very different. It's an absolutely perfectly fine product to use, and I'm sure it will go obsolete when the norm is a tablet and massive screen that always works perfectly, but regardless this is a cheap and simple system that does exactly what you want, sometimes simple is just better.

Remember we are in a time where absolutely everything needs to be screens, menus and definitely needs to be smart. While the reality is, is that this comes with drawbacks, and we shouldn't diminish the choice of using an overhead projector to people who are set in their ways, because it's a great product. 

6 hours ago, Kronoton said:

While the Amiga was the ultimate gaming machine, an A3000 was mostly useless for that purpose. No way to switch it back to a stock 68000 for older hardcoded games but also no AGA for the later stuff. 

True, the A500's absolutely carried that part keeping the A2000/A2500 for the power users. The newer Amigas were pretty impressive though, except that by 1995 they were also practically obsolete - in those incredibly short five years Commodore dropped the ball so spectacularly and the competition caught up literally overnight. I even remember walking into a local computer store at the time and seeing the newest A4000 tower with the latest Workbench, curiously looking over the specs. Then the harsh reality kicked me in the face when it came to how the heck I would upgrade this thing (some obscure German outfit was owning it then). let alone where I would find software for it. It was at that point that I knew Windows 95 and Office 95 along with a Pentium 100 was where I needed to be. Bill Gates not only did the world a huge favor but pretty much came to the rescue of every home computer user. Here we are now, almost 30 years later, still using Microsoft software and Intel's chips.

Fond memories of the Amiga for sure and a very fortunate childhood growing up with one. If anything, it taught me how to appreciate the best and not settle for anything less.

Educational Kits like this would be a great addition to the LTT Store. I think LMG uniquely understands technology, and youth.  

1 hour ago, ToboRobot said:

Educational Kits like this would be a great addition to the LTT Store. I think LMG uniquely understands technology, and youth.  

LMG currently doesn't have professionals in learning development and I imagine given the video showing creator warehouse and discussions of additional steps taken for a kids block game it would be awhile before they would try to make one.

1 hour ago, Ultraforce said:

LMG currently doesn't have professionals in learning development and I imagine given the video showing creator warehouse and discussions of additional steps taken for a kids block game it would be awhile before they would try to make one.

They might not be teachers or educational professionals, but LMG is absolutely skilled in communication and education.  As someone with a bit of training and experience in the field, they could do a great job.  Videos like the multi-hour how to build a PC is a prime example.

Video content + physical kit + community for learning (forum) = success IMO

Developing curriculum isn't very hard.  It's time consuming and requires revisions, but it's not rocket science.  And there are companies and organizations to partner with (like Intel).

Not saying it's a quick and easy task, but achievable. 

Here in Germany overhead projectors are very popular too. They are still used in schools to this day.

@GabenJr please see my message when you get a moment.  I’ve gotten in contact with Barbara Carman.  She is potentially interested in getting in contact with you and the LTT team.

I work in schools and honestly seeing the state of tech education worries me. Here we have a new "coding" curriculum that's been introduced, but it is very high level and not really about the underlying hardware. Sure, coding has value, but what are you going to run your code on if you don't have a computer?

For anyone interested I have uploaded the entire contents of my kit, including the book on my website here.

• CPU
    i7-6850k
  • Motherboard
    MSI X99A Sli Plus
  • RAM
    32GB Crucial Ballistix LP      DDR4-2400
  • GPU                                            MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8Gb
  • Case
    Thermaltake Level 20 MT ARGB
  • Storage
    Samsung 250GB 850 pro,        WD Black 1TB, WD blue 3TB
  • PSU
    Thermaltake Toughpower 1200w
  • Display(s)
    Asus vg248qe, Asus vg245h
  • Cooling
    Swiftech H220-x
  • Keyboard
    Logitech g910
  • Mouse
    Logitech g502
  • Sound
    Áudio Technica ATH-M50x
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro
  • PCPartPicker URL

On 7/18/2022 at 12:55 PM, GodAtum said:

I forgot all about this. We used this when I was at school ... TBH I don't remember any of it haha.

I think it's vitally important to teach the older generation about computers. My grandparents don't even know what a word processor is. They can't use any of the digital services.

In contrast, my 83-year-old grandpa built 5 gaming PCs last year, and has about 13 different pcs running in an office- not counting the ones in the bedrooms and living room!

If my post helped you please hit the "Solved" button below ✅

Please upload the VHS to archive.org

someone uploaded the 1994,
youtube has the 1998

only missing the 1996 2nd edition...

im a Believer of the 1994 video, Everything is real including the Aliens. LOL

On 7/20/2022 at 3:59 PM, JuanPC2018 said:

Please upload the VHS to archive.org

someone uploaded the 1994,
youtube has the 1998

only missing the 1996 2nd edition...

im a Believer of the 1994 video, Everything is real including the Aliens. LOL

Links to archive.org and youtube please! (apologies lazy)

On 7/19/2022 at 3:25 AM, GabenJr said:

Schools have changed a lot since 1996. But Intel has stayed inside the curriculum. Can they be trusted to teach kids about electronics engineering and computers, or are they feeding them product placement?

Ah Yes take advantage of me i am child 
17 btw and i have about 3 intel pcs lol no amd ones i even have a boxing poster were i repaced the peoples faces with intel an amd and itel is winning 

If you want to find outdated tech still in use, visit a German educational facility:

• overhead projectors
  • VGA ports on projectors
  • DVI ports on projectors
  • HDMI ports on projectors ❌
  • VHS tapes and televisions with analogue inputs
  • 16 mm film and film projectors

The struggle is real...

2 hours ago, HenrySalayne said:

If you want to find outdated tech still in use, visit a German educational facility:

• overhead projectors
  • VGA ports on projectors
  • DVI ports on projectors
  • HDMI ports on projectors ❌
  • VHS tapes and televisions with analogue inputs
  • 16 mm film and film projectors

The struggle is real...

well at least there people knew what they face here in educational system everything is Binary, it's zero or One .

you'll have all the latest generation of equipment if you are lucky . if you are not you only get a black board and chalk.

Kids don't give a shit about Intel

They'll grow up, and they'll buy Apple products anyway

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

Oh yes overhead projectors, am i the only one who did the advanced way of operating it? where you put a piece of paper in the bits you don't want to display? hahah.

Anyways, this kind of thing never ended up here by the looks of it, when i was in school in '96 i had to teach teachers how to turn on the apple computers they had, it was all apple up to high school where then i taught teachers how to use the internet.  *apple computers then had the power button on the keyboard*

They did teach me how to touch type, i was horrible!

Anyways i would LOVE as a 36 year old, look at that kit, it looks amazing and i would love to see that die in RL and see all the transistors within.

PC: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X Gigabyte X570 UD Corsair Vengence 32gb 3200MHZ Gigabyte RTX 2070 Intel 512gb boot / Seagate 2tb spinner Windows 10 Corsair 4000D black

Fyi i am Autistic (Aspergers) so sorry for any social mistakes (im mostly okay) If you want to learn more, Just ask! 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 8/13/2022 at 6:17 PM, charlesbeckler said:

Pleases upload/digitize your books and video and upload. I’d love to see all this goodnesses 

https://tylerebowers.com/files/Intel/Intel The Journey Inside Third Edition/

• CPU
    i7-6850k
  • Motherboard
    MSI X99A Sli Plus
  • RAM
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    Swiftech H220-x
  • Keyboard
    Logitech g910
  • Mouse
    Logitech g502
  • Sound
    Áudio Technica ATH-M50x
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro
  • PCPartPicker URL

On 7/18/2022 at 7:55 PM, GodAtum said:

I forgot all about this. We used this when I was at school ... TBH I don't remember any of it haha.

I think it's vitally important to teach the older generation about computers. My grandparents don't even know what a word processor is. They can't use any of the digital services.

no point if they do not want to learn

elders are less prone to consume stuff, there's a reason on why all stagnant economies have populations that have a lot of elders 

• 3 months later...
On 7/18/2022 at 1:25 PM, GabenJr said:

Schools have changed a lot since 1996. But Intel has stayed inside the curriculum. Can they be trusted to teach kids about electronics engineering and computers, or are they feeding them product placement?

I think they should do somethin simiar but new beacuse I am tired of those young people on YouTube shorts and in Tiktok saying stupid things about tech.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, LillianPeterson said:

I think Intel can be trusted. It's an exciting way to teach the kids about electronics engineering. Besides, they don't get bored during the learning process. And TBH, just a few ways of studying keep kids concentrated.

They should update it with more modern materials, could include a lot more visual materials at this point that get into the gritty interesting details that might actually keep the attention of kids.

And no matter what, it's far from the most questionable advertisement campaign Intel has ever run, I think that award squarely goes to the lyrics of that "VIsual Dreams" song they had running in South Korea, which did not contain any double entendres at all.

• 3 months later...
On 8/13/2022 at 6:17 PM, charlesbeckler said:

Pleases upload/digitize your books and video and upload. I’d love to see all this goodnesses 

• CPU
    i7-6850k
  • Motherboard
    MSI X99A Sli Plus
  • RAM
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    Swiftech H220-x
  • Keyboard
    Logitech g910
  • Mouse
    Logitech g502
  • Sound
    Áudio Technica ATH-M50x
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro
  • PCPartPicker URL

On 7/18/2022 at 2:00 PM, ProfCaju said:

Is there some chance to scan all this book and digitize the video to make it available to us here?

Kind regards

On 7/18/2022 at 2:00 PM, ProfCaju said:

Is there some chance to scan all this book and digitize the video to make it available to us here?

Kind regards

• CPU
    i7-6850k
  • Motherboard
    MSI X99A Sli Plus
  • RAM
  • Case
  • Storage