USB not working properly

ToggleAU
22 minutes ago, NaClKnight said:

Do you have a second keyboard you can try?

Is your mouse also unusable?

USB drivers are one of the core basic things the PC loads on startup, so diagnosis may be a little weird.

After the PC boots to Windows, do you hear the typical 2 note sound when you plug in or unplug any USB device? 

Yeah I have a second keyboard and it doesn’t work and no I don’t hear the sound 

11 minutes ago, ToggleAU said:

Yeah I have a second keyboard and it doesn’t work and no I don’t hear the sound 

What about the mouse? Same issue?

I've never heard of every USB port on a pc dying at once, both rear ports and usb headers. To confirm, you've tried every USB port on your pc, twice?

Open your case

1. Try to swap the motherboard USB header that your case is plugged into,
  2. If you're desperate you can clear the CMOS (check your motherboard user manual for the location) but doing this will reset all your BIOS settings (RAM XMP, OC settings, etc)

Salt SYSTEMs:

SYSTEM-Infinity+1(Centerpiece) -- Ryzen 5600X + RX 6800 XT + Galahad 360 + 32GB + Thermaltake P3

SYSTEM-Embrace (Portable) --Ryzen 5600 + RX 5700 XT + Galahad 240 + 16GB + Hyte Revolt 3

Yeah mouse same issue I’ve tried different ports I’ve restarted I’ve cleared cmos idk what is wrong I’ll see if I can send a video  

On 10/12/2022 at 4:16 AM, NaClKnight said:

What about the mouse? Same issue?

I've never heard of every USB port on a pc dying at once, both rear ports and usb headers. To confirm, you've tried every USB port on your pc, twice?

Open your case

1. Try to swap the motherboard USB header that your case is plugged into,
  2. If you're desperate you can clear the CMOS (check your motherboard user manual for the location) but doing this will reset all your BIOS settings (RAM XMP, OC settings, etc)

Here is a video of me showing what is happening 

So I restarted my pc a couple a days ago and when I turned it back on my USB keyboard will flash red for a millisecond and then not turn on and when changing usb ports it will do the same thing and when clearing cmos it would flash red for some reason 

2 hours ago, ToggleAU said:

So I restarted my pc a couple a days ago and when I turned it back on my USB keyboard will flash red for a millisecond and then not turn on and when changing usb ports it will do the same thing and when clearing cmos it would flash red for some reason 

So the only usb device you have tried is the keyboard?  Does your mouse work?

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

> Threads merged. Please do not post the same topic multiple times.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450