Question about Jailbreaking Switch.

Beebles

With my Steam Deck preorder on the way and the recent LTT video showing how, I'm now trying to get my Switch ROMs off of my Switch.

I have confirmed that I have a model that is capable of running the Jailbreak, but I have a question.

The switch isn't mine, it's a family member's, but they've agreed to let me do it as long as I can return it to how it was and they can still carry on using it like a normal Switch.

If I go through with downloading the CFW for the Switch and ripping the ROMs, can I simply rollback to the previous firmware? And if so, will Nintendo have any way of knowing it's been tampered with and blocking me from online services?

Not gonna lie, this is something you should pretty much only do to your own hardware, not a family members. I understand you got perms but they may not understand what that fully entails.

The only way for that switch to really get caught is if you are connected to the internet while you are using the software, and idk if nintendo has a blacklisting for the devices. Is it possible they will just disable all nintendo online stuff on the console? Potentially, so its always that risk.

You should be able to flash it back but again there are always a chance of needing to wipe the system and lose everything.