Nvidia is pronounced like "IN vidia" or "EN vidia" NOT "Na vidia.

Lately I have noticed two different YouTube channels pronounce it "Na vidia"  or "Nevidia" .  They do it with such confidence and like they would correct other peoples pronunciation if given the chance.  One channel was a political news channel "Breaking Points" they mentioned it in talking about rich people doing rich people stuff with stock.  So I figured it was just people who are no techy and don't know what's inside their computer to save their lives. 

Then I saw a linux focused channel do it.  Now us Linux people love to nit pick everything especially with pronunciations of the words that do not match phonetically with how they are spelled. For a while we were being told to say "Lin X" instead of "Linuks".    You know like this.  This is how our community is.  

For once we know how it is said.  

Which is how the company told us to say it way WAY back in the day at the start of almost every game.   Many examples of it being said by them here. 

So this post is kinda frivolous just consider it a resource for evidence if someone decides to police how say Nvidia.   

*The correct way to install Linux is to download one of the distros Nvidia list as being officially supported by CUDA, such as Debian, Redhat Enterprise Linux, Fedora, Ubuntu, Centos etc.  Let the neckbeards use Arch based distros only to then argue that the only real Linux is Linux From Scratch (built from source code) etc. 

It's pronounced "NoVideo" LOLOLOLOLOL

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

You should see what people sound like when they attempt to read nginx.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

i think to avoid miscommunication we should pronounce it: November Victor India Delta India Alpha

RAM 32 GB of Corsair DDR4 3200Mhz            MOTHERBOARD ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
CPU Ryzen 9 5950X             GPU dual r9 290's        COOLING custom water loop using EKWB blocks
STORAGE samsung 970 EVo plus 2Tb Nvme, Samsung 850 EVO 512GB, WD Red 1TB,  Seagate 4 TB and Seagate Exos X18 18TB

Psu Corsair AX1200i
MICROPHONE RODE NT1-A          HEADPHONES Massdrop & Sennheiser HD6xx
MIXER inkel mx-1100   peripherals Corsair k-95 (the og 18G keys one)  and a Corsair scimitar

Just now, Levent said:

neginks. lol

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

10 minutes ago, Levent said:

X Æ A-12 

Just going to leave that here as a friendly reminder.

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

20 minutes ago, Uttamattamakin said:

Lately I have noticed two different YouTube channels pronounce it "Na vidia"  or "Nevidia" .  They do it with such confidence and like they would correct other peoples pronunciation if given the chance.  One channel was a political news channel "Breaking Points" they mentioned it in talking about rich people doing rich people stuff with stock.  So I figured it was just people who are no techy and don't know what's inside their computer to save their lives. 

Then I saw a linux focused channel do it.  Now us Linux people love to nit pick everything especially with pronunciations of the words that do not match phonetically with how they are spelled. For a while we were being told to say "Lin X" instead of "Linuks".    You know like this.  This is how our community is.  

For once we know how it is said.  

Which is how the company told us to say it way WAY back in the day at the start of almost every game.   Many examples of it being said by them here. 

So this post is kinda frivolous just consider it a resource for evidence if someone decides to police how say Nvidia.   

*The correct way to install Linux is to download one of the distros Nvidia list as being officially supported by CUDA, such as Debian, Redhat Enterprise Linux, Fedora, Ubuntu, Centos etc.  Let the neckbeards use Arch based distros only to then argue that the only real Linux is Linux From Scratch (built from source code) etc. 

I say Nvidia like "N" vidi "a
Fun fact: In one of Nvidia's videos, the cards with Ti was pronounced "Thai"

MANN IM DEADDDDD

23 minutes ago, Levent said:

Ive always read it as "enginks"

16 minutes ago, TechnoCin said:

I say Nvidia like "N" vidi "a
Fun fact: In one of Nvidia's videos, the cards with Ti was pronounced "Thai"

Ive always pronounced it as "t i" as in "tee - eye" since it is supposed to come from Titanium, but Ive heard people say "Tie".

32 minutes ago, Murasaki said:

Ive always read it as "enginks"

This is more of a non-native speaker thing, that would be proper way to say nginx.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

9 minutes ago, Levent said:

This is more of a non-native speaker thing, that would be proper way to say nginx.

I prefer nginx myself. This made me curious enough to look it up though. Obvious, but a bit unexpected I must say. it's clearly one of those cases where the developer just didn't know how to pronounce their invention's name correctly.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

1 hour ago, Uttamattamakin said:

Now us Linux people love to nit pick everything especially with pronunciations of the words that do not match phonetically with how they are spelled. For a while we were being told to say "Lin X" instead of "Linuks".    You know like this.  This is how our community 

His name is literally all over the place... it's Linus, with an S.

41 minutes ago, Neroon said:

His name is literally all over the place... it's Linus, with an S.

Yeah basically pronounce Linus ... then put an X sound in place of the S. 

There is no lack of people confidently mispronouncimg words these days.  Translation errors are common but it's also the interweb echo that helps reaffirm their incorrect saying.  Reliance on text to speech machines doesn't help either.  

1 hour ago, Heliian said:

There is no lack of people confidently mispronouncimg words these days.  Translation errors are common but it's also the interweb echo that helps reaffirm their incorrect saying.  Reliance on text to speech machines doesn't help either.  

America has been proudly mispronouncing words for years 🤣

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

5 hours ago, Levent said:

Xilinx is one I always struggle with...

I still write nVidia and eVGA (as they used to be styled), and also catch myself calling new Radeon cards "ATI", so mispronunciation is forgivable

3 hours ago, Mel0nMan said:

Xilinx is one I always struggle with...

"Zy-links"?

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

I mean, there used to be a woman's voice saying it before certain games.  What's the mystery?

37 minutes ago, Erioch said:

I mean, there used to be a woman's voice saying it before certain games.  What's the mystery?

Exactly.  Where does this  NaVidia pronunciation come from?   It's been the same since before the Nvidia Riva GPU ca 1997. 

3 minutes ago, Uttamattamakin said:

Exactly.  Where does this  NaVidia pronunciation come from?   It's been the same since before the Nvidia Riva GPU ca 1997. 

I've honestly never heard it.

I will never, however, say "tie" for a "Ti" video card.   Not ever going to happen.