Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

New Pc Build for Gaming and Digital Art

Budget (including currency): $2000-$2500

Country: USA

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: All types of games normal windows apps office,paint tool sai and editing software

Other details so I already have an upgraded pc with a 2080 super that will become the secondary CPU I’m looking to turn that one into more of a digital art gaming rig for the wife and build myself a nice powerful gaming pc with a 3000 series RTX hopefully. Single dad issues so money is tight and I’ve always dreamed of having a beast PC

  Thanks for any information 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

If money is tight this will get er done pretty damn well for half of your budget.  Letting yourself breathe financially will probably make you way happier than some high settings in games:


 

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i5-12400F 2.5 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($149.99 @ Newegg) 
CPU Cooler: ID-COOLING SE-214-XT 68.2 CFM CPU Cooler  ($19.98 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: MSI PRO B660M-A WIFI DDR4 Micro ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  ($119.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Silicon Power GAMING 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($46.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Intel 660p 1.02 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($69.99 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: PowerColor Radeon RX 6700 XT 12 GB Red Devil Video Card  ($469.99 @ Amazon) 
Case: KOLINK Citadel Mesh RGB MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($53.95 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: EVGA 210-GQ-0750-V1 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply  ($69.98 @ Amazon) 
Total: $1000.86
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2022-07-07 10:28 EDT-0400

 

For $1000 a legit high end system that’ll play everything at ultra for all intents and purposes while still being excellent for creative stuff.  You can add more RAM for another $50 and if a 1tb ssd aint enough you can get more storage, too, but the gist of the machine shouldn’t really run you more than $1k.  That’ll give you a little extra breathing room for life, and believe me, spending any more on this PC would have serious diminishing returns (outside of maybe more storage when you end up needing it).

 

The sign is a subtle joke. The shop is called "Sneed's Feed & Seed", where feed and seed both end in the sound "-eed", thus rhyming with the name of the owner, Sneed. The sign says that the shop was "Formerly Chuck's", implying that the two words beginning with "F" and "S" would have ended with "-uck", rhyming with "Chuck". So, when Chuck owned the shop, it would have been called "Chuck's Feeduck and Seeduck".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

You don’t really need to max out your budget as already said above but I don’t think you should lower it by as much as 1500 as they did I lowered it by 600-700 and still will have amazing performance as it’s a 12700f+3080 ti and will handle anything you throw at it for several years

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Pcbuild12123/saved/#view=gj3jnQ

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Queen Chrysalis said:

If money is tight this will get er done pretty damn well for half of your budget.  Letting yourself breathe financially will probably make you way happier than some high settings in games:


 

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i5-12400F 2.5 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($149.99 @ Newegg) 
CPU Cooler: ID-COOLING SE-214-XT 68.2 CFM CPU Cooler  ($19.98 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: MSI PRO B660M-A WIFI DDR4 Micro ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  ($119.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Silicon Power GAMING 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($46.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Intel 660p 1.02 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($69.99 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: PowerColor Radeon RX 6700 XT 12 GB Red Devil Video Card  ($469.99 @ Amazon) 
Case: KOLINK Citadel Mesh RGB MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($53.95 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: EVGA 210-GQ-0750-V1 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply  ($69.98 @ Amazon) 
Total: $1000.86
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2022-07-07 10:28 EDT-0400

 

For $1000 a legit high end system that’ll play everything at ultra for all intents and purposes while still being excellent for creative stuff.  You can add more RAM for another $50 and if a 1tb ssd aint enough you can get more storage, too, but the gist of the machine shouldn’t really run you more than $1k.  That’ll give you a little extra breathing room for life, and believe me, spending any more on this PC would have serious diminishing returns (outside of maybe more storage when you end up needing it).

 

Awesome thank you so much for the information I will being doing a ton of research as well. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Legacy84 said:

Awesome thank you so much for the information I will being doing a ton of research as well. 

No worries.  For real tho, the 6700xt should play 160fps+ on 90% of new games at max settings, and the 12400f is fast enough to not get in it’s way.  The 12400f also doesnt need a cooler, but a basic aftermarket cooler is more than enough to keep it running at max speed and will be quieter than the stock cooler.  I also picked out a case that had good airflow and came with fans to help with budget.

 

Everything else is just supporting cast, and I picked stuff that will work well enough that you would never notice it.   The EVGA GQ 750 is a good enough PSU to not have to worry about it, which is really the only other component that matters much.  

The sign is a subtle joke. The shop is called "Sneed's Feed & Seed", where feed and seed both end in the sound "-eed", thus rhyming with the name of the owner, Sneed. The sign says that the shop was "Formerly Chuck's", implying that the two words beginning with "F" and "S" would have ended with "-uck", rhyming with "Chuck". So, when Chuck owned the shop, it would have been called "Chuck's Feeduck and Seeduck".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Queen Chrysalis said:

No worries.  For real tho, the 6700xt should play 160fps+ on 90% of new games at max settings, and the 12400f is fast enough to not get in it’s way.  The 12400f also doesnt need a cooler, but a basic aftermarket cooler is more than enough to keep it running at max speed and will be quieter than the stock cooler.

 

Everything else is just supporting cast, and I picked stuff that will work well enough that you would never notice it.   The EVGA GQ 750 is a good enough PSU to not have to worry about it, which is really the only other component that matters much.  

This is awesome most forums I join people suck so it’s refreshing to actually have people being respectful and polite I’m blown away honestly.  I’ve never had a chance to build one my self and it’s gonna be a fun project for my wife and I makes it exciting. So any info is very much appreciated and makes me have faith in good people lol. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Legacy84 said:

Awesome thank you so much for the information I will being doing a ton of research as well. 

Would you suggest if possible looking into a 3070/3080 if I maube Budget a little bit better. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Legacy84 said:

Would you suggest if possible looking into a 3070/3080 if I maube Budget a little bit better. 

Not really, 3070 is gonna be about the same with a few games going unnoticeably faster, and a 3080 will be slightly faster but at a huge premium.  And frankly the 6700xt is already fast enough that minor improvements in framerate really really wont be noticeable.  And to spend hundreds on that when you have real life expenses is insane.  

 

You’ll get to play all of the games significantly faster than console for the rest of this generation.  By the time this system isn’t fast anymore, custom gaming PCs probably won’t be a thing anymore anyway.
 

The parts list I made is about as perfect of an optimized budget as you can do without sacrificing a decent amount of function to not save much.  
 

 

The sign is a subtle joke. The shop is called "Sneed's Feed & Seed", where feed and seed both end in the sound "-eed", thus rhyming with the name of the owner, Sneed. The sign says that the shop was "Formerly Chuck's", implying that the two words beginning with "F" and "S" would have ended with "-uck", rhyming with "Chuck". So, when Chuck owned the shop, it would have been called "Chuck's Feeduck and Seeduck".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/xQGsmr

A cheaper ish build at ~1100$, can be inproved by buying a used midrange b450 <60$ (ex pro4, ds3h, etc.) and cutting cost on the case if possible

 

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/sgQ8jZ

More expensive option at 1750$

To bring the price down you can get the 12700f, swap board for h670 pg riptide, cheaper mp33 ssd and/or 1tb ssd, and cut cost on case buy getting a ~40$ or less case like the zalman s2

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/xQGsmr

A cheaper ish build at ~1100$, can be inproved by buying a used midrange b450 <60$ (ex pro4, ds3h, etc.) and cutting cost on the case if possible

 

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/sgQ8jZ

More expensive option at 1750$

To bring the price down you can get the 12700f, swap board for h670 pg riptide, cheaper mp33 ssd and/or 1tb ssd, and cut cost on case buy getting a ~40$ or less case like the zalman s2

Awesome thank you very much 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Queen Chrysalis said:

Not really, 3070 is gonna be about the same with a few games going unnoticeably faster, and a 3080 will be slightly faster but at a huge premium.  And frankly the 6700xt is already fast enough that minor improvements in framerate really really wont be noticeable.  And to spend hundreds on that when you have real life expenses is insane.  

 

You’ll get to play all of the games significantly faster than console for the rest of this generation.  By the time this system isn’t fast anymore, custom gaming PCs probably won’t be a thing anymore anyway.
 

The parts list I made is about as perfect of an optimized budget as you can do without sacrificing a decent amount of function to not save much.  
 

 

Perfect again thank you very much I appreciate it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×