Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

LGA 1700 compatibility is slowly killing me

Budget (including currency): 

Country: australia

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: tarkov

Other details:

 

OK so ladies and gentlebugs im looking at upgrading certains part of my pc as im bored, im looking at installing a ASRock Z690 Steel Legend Motherboard in my CORSAIR CARBIDE 275R Mid-Tower Gaming Case Black case and installing a 17 12700k in the motherboard Ive gone with this board for 2 reasons, Ive only recently invested in 32gb of ddr4 3600 ram and dont want to have to upgrade that again and recently also upgraded my cooler to a Corsair Hydro H100x Hydro Series Liquid CPU Cooler. Im hoping i dont have to upgrade my cooler to a new one to fit the new cpu but i also dont want me being a tight ass to affect my cpu performace so if you guys can assist me in the compatibilty of my whole plan and see if its all going to work together considering im trying to retro fit my shiz thanks

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Corsair sells the LGA1700 standoffs for your cooler separately, if it didn't come with them (or you don't have them anymore).

 

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Accessories-|-Parts/PC-Components/Cooling/LGA1700-Retrofit-Kit/p/CW-8960091

 

They also have a complete bracket kit in their store, but it's currently out of stock.

 

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Accessories-|-Parts/PC-Components/Cooling/ELITE-Series-Retention-Kit/p/CW-8960093

Dell owns my soul.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Needfuldoer said:

Corsair sells the LGA1700 standoffs for your cooler separately, if it didn't come with them (or you don't have them anymore).

 

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Accessories-|-Parts/PC-Components/Cooling/LGA1700-Retrofit-Kit/p/CW-8960091

 

They also have a complete bracket kit in their store, but it's currently out of stock.

 

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Accessories-|-Parts/PC-Components/Cooling/ELITE-Series-Retention-Kit/p/CW-8960093

But will a bracket since its smaller than the cpu and cant cover the entire thing therfore cant cool it all properly will it causes loss in performace from the cpu

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, tornadotrucker said:

But will a bracket since its smaller than the cpu and cant cover the entire thing therfore cant cool it all properly will it causes loss in performace from the cpu

Your H100x is still a current product, and Corsair advertises it for LGA1700 if you add the retrofit standoffs, so it should be fine. 🤷‍♂️

 

image.png.af67a19dd83eeb9ce516a24ff82175eb.png

 

Just try it. Worst case scenario you're out 5 bucks and some time.

Dell owns my soul.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Needfuldoer said:

Your H100x is still a current product, and Corsair advertises it for LGA1700 if you add the retrofit standoffs, so it should be fine. 🤷‍♂️

 

image.png.af67a19dd83eeb9ce516a24ff82175eb.png

 

Just try it. Worst case scenario you're out 5 bucks and some time.

true valid point well ive found that ive still got the bracket and the standoff so i guess ill full send it thx

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×