Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Turn off all fans on PC

So I recently started a Minecraft server on my PC and I would like to keep my PC running at night but I just can't sleep with the fan noise.

Is there a way to turn off all fans on my pc (CPU,GPU,System Fans) easily without having to go into the bios. I tried it with msi Afterburner and Dragon Center but even if I set the fans to 0 they still spin a little.

So basically a button I could press in the evening and having my PC run all night without any noise.

Check to see if your BIOS offers ability to have fans turned off. Both of my GB boards offers that and otherwise zero-rpm (aka fan stop) is not possible.

mY s YsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??
 HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it?
 MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

There are possible ways to do it, but I would strongly, strongly suggest not doing it because even running idle, or even worse running a Minecraft server, with no cooling would be very very bad. Your PC would over heat and shut down, and if it didn’t shut down, running it like this every night would greatly decrease the lifespan of your system. Without turning the fans off, you could also try to remove your side panel to greatly increase airflow, resulting in your fans automatically running a lot slower, while still cooling down your system. Personally, when I play Minecraft and start Java servers, instead of running my own, I use a free website such as Aternos, which has a lot of customization. It may not be right for you if you want to host a large scale server. The limit of players on Aternos is 20 people. Aternos servers run completely online, so there is no need to run your own software or run anything on your PC. All you need to do is make a free Aternos account.

First, I wanna point out that your system needs fans to keep it cool. No fans while it's running something means it will run a lot hotter than it should, probably even thermal throttling. 

There is software that can do this assuming you've got an overkill enough cooling setup that you realistically don't need fans, it's called FanControl, though again, odds are your system will overheat if you do that. 

You're better off upgrading your fans to really quiet ones (noctua/be quiet!) or just turning your system off at night instead. 

1 hour ago, Levent said:

Check to see if your BIOS offers ability to have fans turned off. Both of my GB boards offers that and otherwise zero-rpm (aka fan stop) is not possible.

But will I have to boot into the bios each time I want to turn off the fans? Because this means I would have to shut down the server each time which would be pretty annoying for the players.

1 hour ago, RONOTHAN## said:

First, I wanna point out that your system needs fans to keep it cool. No fans while it's running something means it will run a lot hotter than it should, probably even thermal throttling. 

There is software that can do this assuming you've got an overkill enough cooling setup that you realistically don't need fans, it's called FanControl, though again, odds are your system will overheat if you do that. 

You're better off upgrading your fans to really quiet ones (noctua/be quiet!) or just turning your system off at night instead. 

When the server is running it's only using about 5% of my CPU so i doubt that it would overheat. I also only have be quiet coolers but they are still too loud for my liking.

I installed Fan Control and it works for changing the fans speed, but yet again they won't turn off even if I put them to 0% on fan control.

Do I have to change something in the bios or is it just not possible to turn the fans off?

14 minutes ago, Dothys said:

But will I have to boot into the bios each time I want to turn off the fans? Because this means I would have to shut down the server each time which would be pretty annoying for the players.

Yes you would have to enter the BIOS to turn the fans back on.

2 minutes ago, Dothys said:

When the server is running it's only using about 5% of my CPU so i doubt that it would overheat. I also only have be quiet coolers but they are still too loud for my liking.

I installed Fan Control and it works for changing the fans speed, but yet again they won't turn off even if I put them to 0% on fan control.

Do I have to change something in the bios or is it just not possible to turn the fans off?

The server might only use 5%, but default windows app processes on average take up 10% of your CPU on idle. 

23 minutes ago, alex.ausmus said:

The server might only use 5%, but default windows app processes on average take up 10% of your CPU on idle. 

So I tried turning the cpu fan off in the bios by adjusting the smart fan curve but even in the bios it won't turn off the fan completely even if it is at 0%.

2 hours ago, Dothys said:

Nope, what I am talking about allows fans to be turned off. It doesnt just turn it off. That means if you set your fans to 0% they will not be powered on (minimum fan percentage is higher if you are using voltage control).

1 hour ago, alex.ausmus said:

Yes you would have to enter the BIOS to turn the fans back on.

No you dont.

mY s YsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??
 HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it?
 MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

5 hours ago, Levent said:

Nope, what I am talking about allows fans to be turned off. It doesnt just turn it off. That means if you set your fans to 0% they will not be powered on (minimum fan percentage is higher if you are using voltage control).

No you dont.

Ohhhhh, i thought that you meant turn them off just using the BIOS, not allow them to be turned off.