Asus TUF 3080 | Stats Check(whether mine look normal)

Go to solution Solved by DoctorNick,
6 minutes ago, aliasdred said:

yes this is after like 30mins of trying 3 games on max settings. GTA5 1080p+MAX settings possible, CSGO 960p with competitive settings+MSAA 8x, Doom Eternal 1080p+ultra/max and RT on.
I did one more run before restart 10mins of DoomE, that touched 352W, no benchmarks done.
On idle i dont see any limits being hit, except Utilization, but during any game running i can se 2-3of those turning "Yes".

So this behavior is normal yes?

Also, i'm running all on a mediocre 650w PSU(will change that in a month) so I am not sure if the power limits and voltage limit is due to card being at 100% load or bad PSU.

It'd help if anyone could clarify which ones which. 馃檪

Yes all good. Very good temps actually! Of course it wont hit any limits on idle. This is the built-in limits by the manufacture. Max tdp, power limit etc. Also you're basically hitting max utilization, 99.3% which is the goal for the best performance.

Hi, The title is pretty much what I wanna know. Do the HWInfo stats look ok.

Also, please help me understand the "GPU Performance Limits" section. I only understand the Utilization one, but rest i ain't sure what they mean and if I should be hitting them.
image.png.edb799918225bf33770f9ecf82286d85.png

Thanks in Advance 馃檪

5 minutes ago, aliasdred said:

Hi, The title is pretty much what I wanna know. Do the HWInfo stats look ok.

Also, please help me understand the "GPU Performance Limits" section. I only understand the Utilization one, but rest i ain't sure what they mean and if I should be hitting them.
image.png.edb799918225bf33770f9ecf82286d85.png

Thanks in Advance 馃檪

Yes look normal. Is this after gaming? You can see if GPU hit performance/power limit when in full load and no load. You can also see, if gpu hits TDP limit:

image.png.433b6113638dc3d5873f16dbc47e29ed.png

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D |聽Motherboard: Gigabyte B550聽Elite V2 |聽RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz |聽PSU:聽EVGA SuperNova聽750 G3 |聽Monitor:聽LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 |聽
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT |聽Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K |聽Case:聽Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage:聽MP510聽960gb and 860 Evo 500gb |聽Cooling:聽CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price.聽

10 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

Yes look normal. Is this after gaming? You can see if GPU hit performance/power limit when in full load and no load. You can also see, if gpu hits TDP limit:

image.png.433b6113638dc3d5873f16dbc47e29ed.png

yes this is after like 30mins of trying 3 games on max settings. GTA5 1080p+MAX settings possible, CSGO 960p with competitive settings+MSAA 8x, Doom Eternal 1080p+ultra/max and RT on.
I did one more run before restart 10mins of DoomE, that touched 352W, no benchmarks done.
On idle i dont see any limits being hit, except Utilization, but during any game running i can se 2-3of those turning "Yes".

Also, i'm running all on a mediocre 650w PSU(will change that in a month) so I am not sure if the power limits and voltage limit is due to card being at 100% load or bad PSU.

6 minutes ago, aliasdred said:

Yes all good. Very good temps actually! Of course it wont hit any limits on idle. This is the built-in limits by the manufacture. Max tdp, power limit etc. Also you're basically hitting max utilization, 99.3% which is the goal for the best performance.

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D |聽Motherboard: Gigabyte B550聽Elite V2 |聽RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz |聽PSU:聽EVGA SuperNova聽750 G3 |聽Monitor:聽LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 |聽
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT |聽Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K |聽Case:聽Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage:聽MP510聽960gb and 860 Evo 500gb |聽Cooling:聽CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price.聽

5 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

Thanks mate.
My room temps are closer to 35*C, outside everything is cooking at around 40*C
I've set sound alerts(thru HWiNFO) on 3/4 GPU temp readings. have most of them alerting at 80*C except memory junction and GPU hot-spot at 85 since they like to run hotter than rest I've read
Also, My uneducated ass needed come consoling NO CONSOLE ONLY PC MUSTARD-RACE
anywho... cheers m8

3 minutes ago, aliasdred said:

Thanks mate.
My room temps are closer to 35*C, outside everything is cooking at around 40*C
I've set sound alerts(thru HWiNFO) on 3/4 GPU temp readings. have most of them alerting at 80*C except memory junction and GPU hot-spot at 85 since they like to run hotter than rest I've read
Also, My uneducated ass needed come consoling NO CONSOLE ONLY PC MUSTARD-RACE
anywho... cheers m8

Damn thats very impressive. I might need to find me one of these tuf cards 馃槃聽93C is max gpu core temp before throttle, of course lower is better, but no alert needed

FS in Denmark/EU:

14 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

Damn thats very impressive. I might need to find me one of these tuf cards 馃槃聽93C is max gpu core temp before throttle, of course lower is better, but no alert needed

I bought the TUF one cuz

1) I was desperate for a card at MSRP

2) It was the only one I was getting at MSRP(the retailer has something going on with ASUS cards and selling them for 25% discount, that's 25% off the scalped pricing so basically MSRP). I thought bout getting the Strix but that was another $100 more. Also the tier lists for 3080 suggested TUF normal/OC was one of the better cards out there.

The alerts are just for my peace of mind. I'd feel safer knowing my PC will scream at the top of its lungs(speakers) if anything was out of order. And so I can leave my desk without worrying the card trying arson on PSU or something.

4 minutes ago, aliasdred said:

I bought the TUF one cuz

1) I was desperate for a card at MSRP

2) It was the only one I was getting at MSRP(the retailer has something going on with ASUS cards and selling them for 25% discount, that's 25% off the scalped pricing so basically MSRP). I thought bout getting the Strix but that was another $100 more. Also the tier lists for 3080 suggested TUF normal/OC was one of the better cards out there.

The alerts are just for my peace of mind. I'd feel safer knowing my PC will scream at the top of its lungs(speakers) if anything was out of order. And so I can leave my desk without worrying the card trying arson on PSU or something.

Cool so what did you pay?聽馃檪聽If your PSU is half decent it has overcurrent protection

FS in Denmark/EU:

2 hours ago, DoctorNick said:

Cool so what did you pay?聽馃檪聽If your PSU is half decent it has overcurrent protection

I paid about $820 Converted price. It's INR 74000 in local currency.

It might seem too high, but MSRP for founders is INR 66000, and 8K over MSRP for an OC card that stays cool seems about right for me.

Maybe I could have gotten cheaper a month or 2months from now, but I've been waiting for 2years like that and any opportunities like that are welcome.

Just a month or 2 ago prices at the end of May for same card were in the neighbourhood of INR 110,000+

Current PSU is Corsair CX650F. Might upgrade to an RM850/x or NZXT C850 in a few months

1 hour ago, aliasdred said:

I paid about $820 Converted price. It's INR 74000 in local currency.

It might seem too high, but MSRP for founders is INR 66000, and 8K over MSRP for an OC card that stays cool seems about right for me.

Maybe I could have gotten cheaper a month or 2months from now, but I've been waiting for 2years like that and any opportunities like that are welcome.

Just a month or 2 ago prices at the end of May for same card were in the neighbourhood of INR 110,000+

Current PSU is Corsair CX650F. Might upgrade to an RM850/x or NZXT C850 in a few months

Its a nice price. its 957 usd here currently from retail. This EU and Denmark btw. We pay 25% in taxes

FS in Denmark/EU:

4 hours ago, DoctorNick said:

Its a nice price. its 957 usd here currently from retail. This EU and Denmark btw. We pay 25% in taxes

:3
taxes are a bitch
We pay 18% on imports, 10% duty and then extra 5%+5% Goods and services tax