PC turns on for 10 seconds then turns off. Possibly condensation.

MackTruck

A couple nights ago my window was left open on a cold night. Didn’t use my pc till now and found it to only turn on for 5-10 seconds before turning off. I have previously had problems with the on button and hoping that is the case again however was working perfectly till today. I believe there is a chance of some condensation inside the pc but would’ve thought the condensation would of dried out over the two days. Should I leave my pc for another day with the heater on to try and rid the pc of the condensation or is there any other approaches I should take. Thanks for any help.

Was the PC on during the cold night that you had the window open? And have you turned it on in between then and now?

The pc has been off the whole time. Just tried to turn it on today.

1 hour ago, MackTruck said:

A couple nights ago my window was left open on a cold night. Didn’t use my pc till now and found it to only turn on for 5-10 seconds before turning off. I have previously had problems with the on button and hoping that is the case again however was working perfectly till today. I believe there is a chance of some condensation inside the pc but would’ve thought the condensation would of dried out over the two days. Should I leave my pc for another day with the heater on to try and rid the pc of the condensation or is there any other approaches I should take. Thanks for any help.

Condensation can only form if your PC is quite a bit below ambient temperature. I don't think you had condensation on there. You can open up your PC to double-check if there really is no condensation