Ubiquiti G3 flex or Ring wireless spotlight camera?

Lochie A

Hi all,

I am trying to setup a security system for my parents on a budget. They were looking at the Ring wireless spotlight cameras as some other friends have them and recommend them however I am trying to convince them to use some G3 flex cameras instead and get the Unifi cloud key gen 2 plus to run them so they won't need a subscription and can still view the recordings remotely on their phone and get notifications. I was wondering if anyone knows the difference between the G3 flex and ring security cameras and whether they offer the same video quality and features. Also just wanted to confirm that no subscription is needed with the Unifi protect and that the video can be monitored remotely on a mobile device and receive push notifications with motion from the cameras. 

As with the budget, buying the two G3 flex cameras and the Unifi cloud key gen 2 plus works out roughly the same price as the two Ring wireless spotlight cameras while paying for the yearly subscription for one year. 

Thanks.

17 minutes ago, Lochie A said:

Hi all,

I am trying to setup a security system for my parents on a budget. They were looking at the Ring wireless spotlight cameras as some other friends have them and recommend them however I am trying to convince them to use some G3 flex cameras instead and get the Unifi cloud key gen 2 plus to run them so they won't need a subscription and can still view the recordings remotely on their phone and get notifications. I was wondering if anyone knows the difference between the G3 flex and ring security cameras and whether they offer the same video quality and features. Also just wanted to confirm that no subscription is needed with the Unifi protect and that the video can be monitored remotely on a mobile device and receive push notifications with motion from the cameras. 

As with the budget, buying the two G3 flex cameras and the Unifi cloud key gen 2 plus works out roughly the same price as the two Ring wireless spotlight cameras while paying for the yearly subscription for one year. 

Thanks.

You don't need a subscribtion with unifi protect

Minecraft plugin developer

Desktop:
CPU= I5 12400F
RAM = 2x 32gb DDR4 3200MHZ Corsair Vengeance LPX
Motherboard = MSI Z690-A-PRO Wifi DDR4
GPU= RTX 3050
SSD = Samsung 980 Pro 1TB
PSU= Corsair RM750

Laptop:
CPU= AMD Ryzen 5 5500u
RAM= 1X 4gb (soldered 3200mhz), 1x 16gb ddr4 3200mhz (so-dimm)
SSD= Samsung 970 Evo 1TB