PC wont turn on at all no fans or lights except for one motherboard light

I recently started building a PC (not my first time tinkering on parts, but first time starting from scratch), and I can't get it to turn on other than the motherboard ROG logo. I first started with a gigabyte x570-aorus elite, and initially that wouldn't turn on but it did post after we reset the cmos. we then turned off the pc and put in some new fans and AIO, and when we tried to start it back up, nothing turned on at all. no lights fans or anything. we tried many troubleshooting from updating the bios to trying only 1 stick of ram and switching to a different power supply that i know works. I took back the motherboard and exchanged it for a new one from micro center. I returned home and tried to use this motherboard which only had the motherboard light and nothing else. I tried flashing the bios to the latest version as well as ram tricks and no gpu but nothing has worked and I am beginning to think its either another faulty motherboard or a bad cpu ( there are no broken pins though I checked).

System is as follows:

Ryzen 5 5600 (new)

ROG Strix B550-F Gaming (open box from Micro Center)

32GB  (2x16) G.skill Ripjaws V DDR4-3200 (Open Box from Micro Center)

Radeon RX 6600XT (open box from micro center)

EVGA 280mm AIO (new)

Power Spec 750W semi modular power supply (Open Box from Micro center)

I've tried all of the troubleshooting options listed in the pinned post on this forum

Thanks

What about the PSU? Could be bad.

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

Just now, An0maly_76 said:

What about the PSU? Could be bad.

I've tested it with a voltmeter and using the paperclip bridge method, as well as putting in a Corsair 750W power supply that I know works and is being used on this computer right now.

11 minutes ago, EliB22 said:

I've tested it with a voltmeter and using the paperclip bridge method, as well as putting in a Corsair 750W power supply that I know works and is being used on this computer right now.

If it won't boot with that Corsair either, I'd say BIOS update or bad board / CPU /GPU, but check the front panel I/O header wiring first. Very easy mistake to make. If that checks out, I'd start testing the new GPU and CPU in another board to figure out which.

Edited by An0maly_76
Revised, more

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

1 hour ago, An0maly_76 said:

If it won't boot with that Corsair either, I'd say BIOS update or bad board / CPU /GPU, but check the front panel I/O header wiring first. Very easy mistake to make. If that checks out, I'd start testing the new GPU and CPU in another board to figure out which.

Yea that's what i thought, I tried updating the bios and that didn't work but I am going to test out the gpu now.

4 minutes ago, EliB22 said:

Yea that's what i thought, I tried updating the bios and that didn't work but I am going to test out the gpu now.

I probably should have clarified you want to remove the CPU for the BIOS update, but I'm not sure it's crucial to the process.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

14 minutes ago, An0maly_76 said:

I probably should have clarified you want to remove the CPU for the BIOS update, but I'm not sure it's crucial to the process.

yea i did the first one with just cpu no ram or gpu so i think ill try it with no cpu now

7 minutes ago, EliB22 said:

yea i did the first one with just cpu no ram or gpu so i think ill try it with no cpu now

CPU should have given a RAM or GPU light if neither was installed.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

2 minutes ago, An0maly_76 said:

CPU should have given a RAM or GPU light if neither was installed.

before or after i press the power button?

Because the only light i have seen is the motherboard light, and nothing at all has happened when I pressed the power button, or shorted the power connectors with a screwdriver.

After, of course. What motherboard light are you referring to? Most have a series of debug lights, CPU / RAM / VGA / BOOT, but this particular series of board may be different than I am used to.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

Just now, An0maly_76 said:

After, of course. What motherboard light are you referring to? Most have a series of debug lights, CPU / RAM / VGA / BOOT, but this particular series of board may be different than I am used to.

The ROG logo above the io lights up and cycles colors when you turn on the power supply, but the debug lights dont light up and nothing happens when I press the power switch

image.png.a9bc0305dcc2b4cc36f38473bd519fa1.png

That points to board IMO. Usually if it's a BIOS issue, the CPU light turns on. And you're certain the 8-pin CPU and 24-pin ATX are seated properly? Have you tried a different IPC cord?

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

i've triple checked the connectors as well as using the other cpu which has different cables. I have also used a different ipc cord too.

23 minutes ago, An0maly_76 said:

That points to board IMO. Usually if it's a BIOS issue, the CPU light turns on. And you're certain the 8-pin CPU and 24-pin ATX are seated properly? Have you tried a different IPC cord?

I think you're right that it's the motherboard. I think i'm going to take the board back to micro center, and get a new one that isn't open box.

thanks for the help and I will update tomorrow. 🙂