Looking for pc parts advice. Mostly complete build.

Budget (including currency):  3000€ up to 3500€

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: 

The goal is to play modern games, FPS, but also racing games. I want to play my games at 240FPS at 1440p  (with such a monitor of course) on high or above settings. (single monitor setup is fine)

Other details

I already have peripherals except the monitor. For a disk drive I'd like one of those pcie mounted ssds for fast loading times. I currently have a 2TB SATA ssd so I'd like to reuse that. (And also have the new pcie ssd alongside)

DDR5 combatibility is a preference since there will be good DDR5 ram coming in the future with i can then swap out possibly.

I'm upgrading because my pc is over 5 years old, and my frames are getting low, even on low settings.

23 minutes ago, iLikeCookiesQ said:

Budget (including currency):  3000€ up to 3500€

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: 

The goal is to play modern games, FPS, but also racing games. I want to play my games at 240FPS at 1440p  (with such a monitor of course) on high or above settings. (single monitor setup is fine)

Other details

I already have peripherals except the monitor. For a disk drive I'd like one of those pcie mounted ssds for fast loading times. I currently have a 2TB SATA ssd so I'd like to reuse that. (And also have the new pcie ssd alongside)

DDR5 combatibility is a preference since there will be good DDR5 ram coming in the future with i can then swap out possibly.

I'm upgrading because my pc is over 5 years old, and my frames are getting low, even on low settings.

What are you thinking of for a video card?  It’s gonna have to be a biggun.  1440p@240hz is a lot of pixels.  Even 1440p@120hz is still a lot of pixels.  I doubt more than 120hz will be materially useful, though it might make crashes look smoother.  Racing game peripherals can be very expensive for decent ones.  Particularly the steering wheels.  Those things need to be actually heavily built and have actual serious power in their actuators.  Gonna have to be at least a 3080ti or 6900xt, and I’m not sure either of those are fast enough. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i9-12900K 3.2 GHz 16-Core Processor  (€639.00 @ Azerty) 
CPU Cooler: be quiet! Pure Loop 280 Liquid CPU Cooler  (€99.90 @ Amazon Netherlands) 
Motherboard: MSI MAG Z690 TOMAHAWK WIFI ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  (€302.95 @ Azerty) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-5600 CL36 Memory  (€193.85 @ Megekko) 
Storage: Kingston KC3000 1.024 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (€133.85 @ Azerty) 
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti 24 GB Founders Edition Video Card  (€1700.00 @ Amazon Netherlands) 
Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow ATX Mid Tower Case  (€109.90 @ Amazon Netherlands) 
Power Supply: Corsair HX1200 Platinum 1200 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (€238.85 @ Amazon Netherlands) 
Total: €3418.30
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2022-07-07 02:27 CEST+0200

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

15 hours ago, brob said:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i9-12900K 3.2 GHz 16-Core Processor  (€639.00 @ Azerty) 
CPU Cooler: be quiet! Pure Loop 280 Liquid CPU Cooler  (€99.90 @ Amazon Netherlands) 
Motherboard: MSI MAG Z690 TOMAHAWK WIFI ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  (€302.95 @ Azerty) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-5600 CL36 Memory  (€193.85 @ Megekko) 
Storage: Kingston KC3000 1.024 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (€133.85 @ Azerty) 
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti 24 GB Founders Edition Video Card  (€1700.00 @ Amazon Netherlands) 
Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow ATX Mid Tower Case  (€109.90 @ Amazon Netherlands) 
Power Supply: Corsair HX1200 Platinum 1200 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (€238.85 @ Amazon Netherlands) 
Total: €3418.30
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2022-07-07 02:27 CEST+0200

Hmm it recommends DDR5-5600 ram for that cpu, when that cpu's compatibilty goes up to 4800.. why would it recommend that ram? Thanks for pointing me to that site though. It seems to at least fill out the budget nicely.

2 hours ago, iLikeCookiesQ said:

Hmm it recommends DDR5-5600 ram for that cpu, when that cpu's compatibilty goes up to 4800.. why would it recommend that ram? Thanks for pointing me to that site though. It seems to at least fill out the budget nicely.

Meh.  Ddr5 can be useful if you’re actually going to use the iGP on a regular basis, and it is the future.  It’s just not really quite the present too yet.  The problem is much like the switch between ddr2 to ddr3, and ddr3 to ddr4, in the beginning the new memory is slow and incredibly expensive.  Historically it doesn’t stay that way though.  Eventually it will be a “why on earth Do you have ddr4 on a non antique machine”. But that will take several years

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

3 hours ago, iLikeCookiesQ said:

The CPU supports higher "overclocked" memory speeds. This is easily done by enabling an XMP (Intel's eXtreme Memory Profile) profile in the motherboard BIOS. XMP are certified by memory manufacturers and sanctioned by Intel, see https://www.intel.ca/content/www/ca/en/gaming/extreme-memory-profile-xmp.html for more information.

The memory kit suggested is on the motherboard's memory QVL. So the kit has been tested with an Alder Lake CPU and the motherboard.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.