How to print on cardstock on a Canon Pixma G3260

BeerusChampa

Hello, i have been starting to print on cardstock for my crafts and one issue is that when i print on cardstock, it makes like the colors lighter then normal. Im using 110 lb cardstock on a canon pimxa G3260. Anything helps!!

Is there a setting in the printer's driver for printing on cardstock?

I have a different laser printer, but you may need to define the paper stock being used for the best results.

That cardstock may also have texture, or a different brightness, in comparison to your other stock making it seem not color matched.

image.png.de9ad2a1a4beefcc520fbe74936c43b3.png

Win10 - AMD 5800X, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Elite, RX 6800XT Midnight Black, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB, ARCTIC Liquid Freezr II 360-ARGB, Sabrent Rocket Q 2TB, Cooler Master V850, Fractal Design Meshify 2

unRAID - AMD 1700X, GIGABYTE B450 Aorus Pro, Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB, Noctua NH-D9L, WD Red 4TB x3, WD Green 2TB, Intel 160GB SSD, Seasonic S12III 550W, Fractal Design Node 605

pfSense - Intel i5 4570S, ASUS H97I-PLUS, Samsung Green 8GB, Zalman CNPS80G, WD Scorpio Blue 320GB, EVGA SuperNova GA 550W, Fractal Design Node 304

54 minutes ago, Deeya said:

Is there a setting in the printer's driver for printing on cardstock?

I have a different laser printer, but you may need to define the paper stock being used for the best results.

That card-stock may also have texture, or a different brightness, in comparison to your other stock making it seem off as well.

image.png.de9ad2a1a4beefcc520fbe74936c43b3.png

There is a way you could change your settings to cardstock. My cardstock dosent appear to have a texture to it. In case you are wondering I have pen + gear cardstock with 110 lbs and 94 brightness. And I looked everywhere and I didn't seem to find what is the maximum amount of lb the cardstock that my print can support.

Found a review on RTings

https://www.rtings.com/printer/reviews/canon/pixma-g3260

It indicates max weight is 670 g/m² so that 110 lb shouldn't be an issue.

Did changing the setting to card stock help at all?

Win10 - AMD 5800X, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Elite, RX 6800XT Midnight Black, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB, ARCTIC Liquid Freezr II 360-ARGB, Sabrent Rocket Q 2TB, Cooler Master V850, Fractal Design Meshify 2

unRAID - AMD 1700X, GIGABYTE B450 Aorus Pro, Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB, Noctua NH-D9L, WD Red 4TB x3, WD Green 2TB, Intel 160GB SSD, Seasonic S12III 550W, Fractal Design Node 605

pfSense - Intel i5 4570S, ASUS H97I-PLUS, Samsung Green 8GB, Zalman CNPS80G, WD Scorpio Blue 320GB, EVGA SuperNova GA 550W, Fractal Design Node 304

6 minutes ago, Deeya said:

Found a review on RTings

https://www.rtings.com/printer/reviews/canon/pixma-g3260

It indicates max weight is 670 g/m² so that 110 lb shouldn't be an issue.

Did changing the setting to card stock help at all?

havent tried printing yet, because it like very late right now were i live. I will let your know as soon as im done printing tomorrow. Thank you for you help bud : D