Is my mobo support rgb ram?

hi, i am planning to build new pc this week and i already learn about rgb for fans but kinda confused about rgb ram

Just bought 12100f and rx 6600

i have 2 option for mobo and my reasonings:

1.asrock h610m hdv/m.2

budget friendly, $90 in my country

i will buy controller for rgb fans, usb wifi dongle as it's cheaper than wifi card, and m.2 heatsink (extra $25)

2.gigabyte b660m ds3h ax

about $160 in my country

extra wifi + heatsinks for vrm and ssd m.2

from what i learn i can use hub+controller if i opt to use non rgb header mobo

my question is:

1. can i change ram's rgb colour if i choose asrock since it doesn't have rgb header? or should i choose non rgb ram? or any h610m mobo with rgb header?

2. is motherboard affect gpu performance especially for rx 6600?

1. The RAM RGB would most likely be controlled by a software from its maker, like Corsair has iCue and others have theirs. this works independent of the Motherboard's RGB headers.

2. The motherboard would only affect GPU performance if it is a PCI3 motherboard with a PCI4 GPU, both those cards you pointed are PCI4 so you are OK with any.

3 minutes ago, Jorgemeister said:

1. The RAM RGB would most likely be controlled by a software from its maker, like Corsair has iCue and others have theirs. this works independent of the Motherboard's RGB headers.

2. The motherboard would only affect GPU performance if it is a PCI3 motherboard with a PCI4 GPU, both those cards you pointed are PCI4 so you are OK with any.

ah so i can choose asrock if i go for cheapest build.. thanks..

iirc for ram only corsair have their own software right?

i plan to buy team t-force link

and i think team doesnt have its own software for that product, so the rgb will only turn into rainbow 🌈 puke colour?

1 minute ago, Galdiate said:

ah so i can choose asrock if i go for cheapest build.. thanks..

iirc for ram only corsair have their own software right?

i plan to buy team t-force link

and i think team doesnt have its own software for that product, so the rgb will only turn into rainbow 🌈 puke colour?

Is this it? https://www.teamgroupinc.com/en/product/delta-rgb-ddr4

image.thumb.png.1fb0bd56a05aa2ea2b07fefc992edadd.png

You should be OK, thats pretty much every motherboard manufacturer's software, and ASRock is there.

1 minute ago, Jorgemeister said:

Is this it? https://www.teamgroupinc.com/en/product/delta-rgb-ddr4

image.thumb.png.1fb0bd56a05aa2ea2b07fefc992edadd.png

You should be OK, thats pretty much every motherboard manufacturer's software, and ASRock is there.

so, even h610m hdv/m.2 can use asrock polychrome for rgb ram? i thought that i can't use polychrome since h610m hdv/m.2 didn't have rgb header..

i can save extra bucks then.. thank youu

1 hour ago, Galdiate said:

so, even h610m hdv/m.2 can use asrock polychrome for rgb ram? i thought that i can't use polychrome since h610m hdv/m.2 didn't have rgb header..

i can save extra bucks then.. thank youu

Yeah, I guess the only thing it will detect is the RAM. 

And you can also use third party software, I use OpenRGB and it works great to control many brands, they have a compatibility check on their site but its basically everything that goes into a motherboard directly.

17 hours ago, Jorgemeister said:

Yeah, I guess the only thing it will detect is the RAM. 

And you can also use third party software, I use OpenRGB and it works great to control many brands, they have a compatibility check on their site but its basically everything that goes into a motherboard directly.

thanks for ur help..

but in the end i choose non rgb ram for now

Since i use 12100f and h610m it wont hurt my wallet too much if i want to switch to am5 or 13th gen intel in the future while waiting for humane ddr5 parts..

10 minutes ago, Galdiate said:

thanks for ur help..

but in the end i choose non rgb ram for now

Since i use 12100f and h610m it wont hurt my wallet too much if i want to switch to am5 or 13th gen intel in the future while waiting for humane ddr5 parts..

Its OK, RGB gets old soon anyway, in my case I keep them on for the firsts months after a new build or addition and then never pay attention to it anymore.