Epson stylus photo R3000 color printing issue

Hello everyone

I have a certain and weirdly unstable printing issue with my Epson Stylus Photo R3000.

Before i describe the issue I'll say that i have already tried to replace the cartridges, the paper type and i have done the cleaning routine multiple times.

So the issue goes like this:

After a month or three not printing with the printer, and thus it worked fine before and there was still plenty of inkt left, i wanted to print a picture for a certain even that required a high quality picture on photo paper.

But when i printed the picture in premium photo mode(or any other photo paper type for that matter) it didn't print the picture correct, it was like a picture with a ghost, more on the black and white side then color but still color because there was blue.

So i did a printer head test and indeed yellow and pink didn't print. i did a few cleaning cycles and nothing happened. after like 10 cycles( and a lot of ink gone), another color disappeared, yes disappeared.

So i kept doing the cycles in hope to get the colors back. but it was in vein, even worse almost all colors are gone now except for blue and black. sometimes a color reappears but not completely and then disappears again.

This is a really weird phenomenon i can not understand.

I also cleaned the ink pads in the right and left(because for some reason it also uses left side to clean, idk why but ye) and i also cleaned the wiper for the head.

The head itself is also cleaned to the best of my ability and the ability of a paper towels.

Does anyone know how to solve this and/or why this is happening?

Its very frustrating cause it is supposed to be a good quality machine

Already big thanks for reading this.

I had the exact same issue with my HP ink tank printer where the cartridge just didn't output yellow color and therefore all my color prints looked horrendous.

I tried to clean the cartridge with tissue paper to no avail, ended up replacing the cartridge entirely. Fortunately, the cartridges were fairly cheap for an ink tank one. And yeah of course it works now.

I'm unsure what's the issue here but a clogged cartridge is a possibility. Other than replacing the cartridge, I see no way of fixing the issue.

Though if this is a clogged cartridge, it should be fixed with a new cartridge, which you say you've done in the first paragraph but never mention it in the next?(or did you mean reinstall by "replacing" the cartridge) If replacing the cartridge didn't fix it, I'd suspect the internal circuitry is to blame, and taking the printer to Epson should be the best approach.

1 hour ago, LAwLz said:

I am getting pretty fucking sick and tired of the "watch something else" responses. It's such a cop out answer because you could say that about basically anything, and it doesn't address the actual complaints. People use it as some kind of card they pull when they can't actually respond to the criticism raised but they still feel like they need to defend some company/person. If you don't like this thread then stop reading it. See how stupid it is? It's basically like telling someone "shut the fuck up". It's not a clever responsive, it doesn't address anything said, and it is rude. 

bruh switch to dark mode its at the bottom of this page

VPN Server Guide

3 hours ago, RockSolid1106 said:

I had the exact same issue with my HP ink tank printer where the cartridge just didn't output yellow color and therefore all my color prints looked horrendous.

I tried to clean the cartridge with tissue paper to no avail, ended up replacing the cartridge entirely. Fortunately, the cartridges were fairly cheap for an ink tank one. And yeah of course it works now.

I'm unsure what's the issue here but a clogged cartridge is a possibility. Other than replacing the cartridge, I see no way of fixing the issue.

Though if this is a clogged cartridge, it should be fixed with a new cartridge, which you say you've done in the first paragraph but never mention it in the next?(or did you mean reinstall by "replacing" the cartridge) If replacing the cartridge didn't fix it, I'd suspect the internal circuitry is to blame, and taking the printer to Epson should be the best approach.

most of them are reseated but a few like blue are replaced. It does indeed sound like it is a possible solution, but the thing is that i don't know a lot about printers in general.

I found out something else, the ink tubes are empty when lighting a flashlight on it, so i guess that it adds a reason to it. But it does not declare why with the cleaning cycles the yellow(which does not print) ink the level lowers.

So i was curious to solutions without replacing the cartridge cause those are too expensive to replace while all of them are still more then half full, if i needed to replace all of them i would have to buy about 8 new cartridges(blue included cause of the ink used for the stupid cleaning cycles that use way too much ink).

But i will certainly keep that in mind, thanks 🙂