512 PC fan not detected - HP

Antiquated
Go to solution Solved by johnt,
1 minute ago, Antiquated said:

I just got the same error again even though i checked the connections a few weeks ago .

Try unplugging the fan and start the computer to see if you continue having the same error message. Don't worry about your temperatures... you won't hurt anything by disabling a chassis fan. Turn your machine off again and then plug the fan back in and start up. See what happens. If you still get the error, that might just be HP quality. If it's only an error message and it's not causing any usage issues, you might just need to ignore it.

Hello
So I'm getting a 512 rear chassis fan not detected error even though the fan is still working and is being detected in the HP configuration utility . I have checked the other solutions but none of them seem to relate to my exact problem . I got this error a few weeks ago so I  cleaned my PC a few weeks ago and made sure that all the connections were proper . Haven't got an error since then .The temps were fine too .  All the drivers are up to date .  The system fan speed is averaging around 2800rpm . My chassis is a microtower . Help would be appreciated .
Specs -
CPU - AMD A8 6500B @ 3.5ghz
GPU - AMD Radeon HD 8570D(No dedicated GPU)
RAM - 8gb DDR3
Motherboard - HP 285 Pro G1 MT
CPU fan - Stock
Case fan - stock

Does the BIOS let you disable monitoring the fan?

1 minute ago, johnt said:

Does the BIOS let you disable monitoring the fan?

No , it just shows me the fan speeds .

4 minutes ago, Antiquated said:

I got this error a few weeks ago so I  cleaned my PC a few weeks ago and made sure that all the connections were proper . Haven't got an error since then .

then you solved the issue

Yeah I'm confused. What help are you looking for? It sounds like you got it working...

1 minute ago, johnt said:

Yeah I'm confused. What help are you looking for? It sounds like you got it working...

I just got the same error again even though i checked the connections a few weeks ago .

1 minute ago, Antiquated said:

Try unplugging the fan and start the computer to see if you continue having the same error message. Don't worry about your temperatures... you won't hurt anything by disabling a chassis fan. Turn your machine off again and then plug the fan back in and start up. See what happens. If you still get the error, that might just be HP quality. If it's only an error message and it's not causing any usage issues, you might just need to ignore it.

42 minutes ago, johnt said:

I tried it and you're right . Its just HP quality . Turns out i was worried over nothing .

Thanks for the help