How do i enter setup on a 60% keyboard?

FrontRL
Go to solution Solved by johnt,

There's usually special USB2.0 ports that UEFI looks for. You might also have a button on the mobo or in the IO rear panel. Otherwise use a cheapo keyboard with a delete or F2 key to get you into BIOS for setup and use your 60% for Windows.

Hi, i have tried to press it using my function Button which is fn + backspace and it isn't working. This is my first computer that i have built myself

There's usually special USB2.0 ports that UEFI looks for. You might also have a button on the mobo or in the IO rear panel. Otherwise use a cheapo keyboard with a delete or F2 key to get you into BIOS for setup and use your 60% for Windows.

15 minutes ago, johnt said:

I tried using my sisters keyboard, has its own delete key, it lit up and everything but it didnt work either

Are you plugging it into a usb2.0 or 3.0+ port? It might need to be in a 2.0 port. They are usually the top most ports in the rear IO panel. Also, it depends on your motherboard, but generally the delete key or F2 are the keys to get you into the bios. You could try clearing the cmos and that sometimes forces you into bios on the next start up. 

13 minutes ago, johnt said:

Are you plugging it into a usb2.0 or 3.0+ port? It might need to be in a 2.0 port. They are usually the top most ports in the rear IO panel. Also, it depends on your motherboard, but generally the delete key or F2 are the keys to get you into the bios. You could try clearing the cmos and that sometimes forces you into bios on the next start up. 

I tried using the ports it suggested and that didnt work so i tried every port after that and it didnt work

And you are trying to go there on a boot and not using windows fast start-up?

You might not be able to enter UEFI because of fast startup. If that's the case you can force it by Shift-Clicking the restart button in Windows, pressing Advanced, and pressing UEFI Firmware Options.

Quote or mention me or I won't be notified of your reply!

Main Rig: R7 3700x New!, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB, ROG STRIX B450-F Gaming New!, Corsair RGB 2x16GB 3200MHz New!, 512GB Crucial P5, 120GB Samsung SSD, 1TB Segate SSHD, 2TB Barracuda HDD

MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Max, 32GB RAM)

Links: My beautiful sketchy case | My website