Anyone had success installing an Intel WLAN NIC in an Omen 16 ?

JoseLgamer

I have an Omen 16 (model 16-c0003np), and it comes with a Realtek (or should I say realtrash) wifi card in it.
The thing is that I have constant ping spikes in games, making not a very pleasant experience to say the least (seems to be common with this NIC). My other devices are fine, like my phone, my desktop and my old laptop was fine too.

I would like to swap the realgarbage that it comes from the factory for an Intel card of some sort, I know some Intel cards don't work in amd systems and even some intel ones (the CRF ones), but the ax200 or the ax210 should be fine I think.
I also read here that somebody else tried to do the same thing, only to the new card not get picked up, so, maybe this has a bios lock of some kind ? Or he/she got an AX201 instead ?

So If you have this laptop, and you swapped (or at least attempted to) the realtek card with an intel one, tell me if it worked or not.

(I think you can tell my level of anger that thing gave me, and I didn't even had it for 2 weeks yet)

Thanks In advance for you answer(s)

Just use Ethernet for best reliability, if the router is far then maybe look into a power-line adapter, wifi will always have issues 🤷.

Edit: I have a laptop with intel 6E and it still gets lower ping on Ethernet even tho i am right next to the router

THIS IS MY SIGNATURE

7 hours ago, Srijan Verma said:

Just use Ethernet for best reliability, if the router is far then maybe look into a power-line adapter, wifi will always have issues 🤷.

Edit: I have a laptop with intel 6E and it still gets lower ping on Ethernet even tho i am right next to the router

I already have a powerline adapter, but that thing connects to a router configured as an access point, since the coverage around that area of the house is pretty rough.
But if the powerline adapter is in the room this laptop sits, the speed and stability of the connection drops by a good margin, and that way affects my desktop pc as well.
And no an ethernet cable IS NOT an option to me, since the main router is 2 stories lower than the computer, and keep in mind this is not my main computer, i have a desktop for that, this a secondary, and on the go computer, so thanks for the suggestion regardless, but that is just not an option to me, since that would solve my issue when at home, but when out and about the problem would likely persist, if not like very close to the router, i just found out.
Thanks for your reply