Water spill and DRAM debug light

Ribless88

I spilled a bit of water on the top of my computer on Friday. The system was powered off. I dried off any water I could see and left it to dry until Sunday, about 36 hours. Seemed fully dry. Powering it on, it did not POST, but all the peripherals and rgb ram/fans lit up. I have a MSI B550 A PRO motherboard and the CPU debug light was on. I reseated the CPU and tried again, no POST, and this time it was the DRAM de bug light on. So far I have tried clearing CMOS, no fix, tested each RAM stick in each slot, no fix, new RAM, no fix. Still ends with the DRAM debug light on. 

Any idea on fixes or what might need to be replaced? I'm surprised that little water did anything when the system was powered off. 

On 7/6/2022 at 2:26 AM, Ribless88 said:

I spilled a bit of water on the top of my computer on Friday. The system was powered off. I dried off any water I could see and left it to dry until Sunday, about 36 hours. Seemed fully dry. Powering it on, it did not POST, but all the peripherals and rgb ram/fans lit up. I have a MSI B550 A PRO motherboard and the CPU debug light was on. I reseated the CPU and tried again, no POST, and this time it was the DRAM de bug light on. So far I have tried clearing CMOS, no fix, tested each RAM stick in each slot, no fix, new RAM, no fix. Still ends with the DRAM debug light on. 

Any idea on fixes or what might need to be replaced? I'm surprised that little water did anything when the system was powered off. 

Do you have another mobo to test with? also have you checked connectors, I've had pc's that show dram light even tho the system boots perfectly fine, and it's jsut a default light that is on during boot