Help me connect a Cat5e into a wall socket...

WereCat
Go to solution Solved by Oshino Shinobu,

The important thing is to keep both ends of a cable run the same. If the other end of the keystone jack is T568A, wire that end as T568A.

As long as the two ends are the same it will work, and you can plug a T568B cable into a T568A socket just fine, so long as the two ends of the cable match and the two ends of the socket match. Generally, it's best to pick one and stick to it for all wiring you use, just for ease of management. T568B tends to be the more commonly used one.

So I had no idea there are two types T568A and T568B. So after seeing the keystone jack and some research I found that the ethernet that goes into my wall is the Type A but the extention I bought is the type B. So now I have no idea whether I should buy a new extension thats type A or if I set the wall plug as type A if it will work when I plug the type B into it.

Any advice on this?

IMG_20220705_210425.thumb.jpg.85be4044ec427e30a8afb0eb063f15c3.jpg

The important thing is to keep both ends of a cable run the same. If the other end of the keystone jack is T568A, wire that end as T568A.

As long as the two ends are the same it will work, and you can plug a T568B cable into a T568A socket just fine, so long as the two ends of the cable match and the two ends of the socket match. Generally, it's best to pick one and stick to it for all wiring you use, just for ease of management. T568B tends to be the more commonly used one.