This Budget Gaming PC Is AWESOME

Plouffe

Budget builds are BACK now that crypto winter is here! New GPUs are in stock at MSRP, and used graphics cards are showing up on Ebay and Marketplace for some downright affordable prices.  

Buy an Asus Prime H610M-E: https://geni.us/VNosnx7

Buy a TeamGroup T-Force Vulcan 2x8GB 3200MHz: https://geni.us/pFTWsDv

Buy a Crucial P2 500GB NVMe SSD: https://geni.us/OZLNqv

Buy a Rosewill FBM-X1 Case: https://geni.us/5K3d9

Buy a Corsair CV 650W 80+ Bronze: https://geni.us/T3oqe

Buy an RTX 2060 6GB: https://geni.us/6KUyY

hey can you send me the pc part picker list or one that could be done for about 1000. for gaming and potential video editing.

Just now, Derp_Thing_YT said:

hey can you send me the pc part picker list or one that could be done for about 1000 🙂

Who are you talking to? 

If you want advice on a build, post in the new builds and planning subforum, following the guidelines there. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

Pretty decent parts list for $500. Seems like the only thing that let it down was the few issues with that Rosewill case.

Just now, Derp_Thing_YT said:

hey can you send me the pc part picker list or one that could be done for about 1000 🙂

If you make a post in the New Builds & Planning section on the forum people will be able to help you out with a parts list for your budget.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Some of this seems a bit optimistic to me. The cheapest RTX 2060's available to be bought right now on eBay are $220-225 USD (plus shipping). There have been ones that went for under $200 in the past few weeks but it's far from the norm. 

Meanwhile the affiliate links up there are for brand new 3060's priced over $300, which is a joke. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

RTX 2060s aren't looking too bad price-wise in the UK - I'm seriously considering building a new budget PC now. There are plenty of options well below the £200 mark going on eBay. | was super excited to watch this, because building myself a new PC just hasn't been a consideration over the last couple years. Linus' enthusiasm about the build in the video is contagious!

So, next step is a used PC guide? Looking back all the way to Ryzen 1000?

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

6 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

There are many other channels dedicated to used/budget hardware who would be better sources for this kind of thing.

can anyone tell me how well this would play games like rust????

1 hour ago, Middcore said:

Some of this seems a bit optimistic to me. The cheapest RTX 2060's available to be bought right now on eBay are $220-225 USD (plus shipping). There have been ones that went for under $200 in the past few weeks but it's far from the norm. 

Meanwhile the affiliate links up there are for brand new 3060's priced over $300, which is a joke. 

There are completed sales for sub $200

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=rtx+2060&_sacat=0&rt=nc&LH_Sold=1&LH_Complete=1

Just now, LinusTech said:

Your link just does to sold listings without any price filter. Regardless, I am aware some of have gone for under $200, as I said in my post - I looked at the ones recently sold already. I just think people are going to have to wait and hunt to get a price like that a bit more than the video implied. 

Unfortunately there's kind of a gap right now between the Polaris cards that are going for $100-120 (although you have to be careful since so many of those were used by miners) and the ~$200 price point where the 2060 and 5600 XT are. The 1660 Super by rights should be no more than ~$150 at this stage but they're still hanging at $200 or just under as well, which is dumb. 

Honestly I would recommend this zalman case over what they showed. This is what I been looking at, trying to make my first budget Pc to sell to someone in my small town. Add to the sloth legion 🙃

image_2022-07-05_131745602.png

54 minutes ago, Clayjoe said:

Is rust hard to play (Resource wise) is it cpu or gpu bound?

57 minutes ago, Clayjoe said:

You should be fine.image.png.760f6d94720b8b7daacf2de73f15199d.png

Lol this build gave me PTSD flashbacks to my two previous Rosewill case builds.  Don't buy Rosewill unless it's dirt cheap and your willing to use Linus's maintenance techniques

Greetings everyone,

I was wondering: If I were to downgrade both the motherboard and CPU to 11th gen intel hardware (so an ASUS Prime H510M-E and an Intel Core I3-10100F), how much would that affect performance/cost/benefits? My local pc hardware store is running a sale but they don't have 12 gen chips in stock and I don't known if I should take the opportunity or wait a little longer. 

10 minutes ago, Cezzan said:

Greetings everyone,

I was wondering: If I were to downgrade both the motherboard and CPU to 11th gen intel hardware (so an ASUS Prime H510M-E and an Intel Core I3-10100F), how much would that affect performance/cost/benefits? My local pc hardware store is running a sale but they don't have 12 gen chips in stock and I don't known if I should take the opportunity or wait a little longer. 

It all comes down to price on whether it's worth it.  But lucky for you GN recently revisited that CPU in a video.

Dear linus & LMG Family 

First of all Thank you very much for this video which I've been waiting for so eagerly.

But I would like to ask you for a request if possible :

at the moment of writing this comment the prices of the listed parts for this Budget pc on the Egyptian Amazon site is equivalent to 1180 $ USD, Considering inflation of course but also Stupidly high Taxes.

of course these prices are for new not used parts i know but that is only because i for one can't trust the type of market or quality of used parts here in Egypt.

So I would like you to consider making a video on the best Budget pc using Amazon Egypt website and let's even make it equivalent to 1000$ not just 500 given the mentioned Taxes and inflation but at least let's add a monitor to list if possible. 

of course I can't be greedy in asking for my country only , so maybe consider making this video for many of the most famous countries around the world each in a separate section of the video to satisfy all viewers.

Thanks for taking the time to read my very long comment... LOL . And Thanks for the amazing content every day. 

Ive used that rosewill case before, it was absolute ass to build in. 
Also, I still hate myself for spending fucking $660 for a 5600 XT right after the peak in GPU prices. Only $160 for one right now. Fuck me. 

Fuck you scalpers, fuck you scammers, fuck all of you jerks that charge way too much to tech-illiterate people. 

Unless I say I am speaking from experience or can confirm my expertise, assume it is an educated guess.

Current setup: Ryzen 5 3600, MSI MPG B550, 2x8GB DDR4-3200, RX 5600 XT (+120 core, +320 Mem), 1TB WD SN550, 1TB Team MP33, 2TB Seagate Barracuda Compute, 500GB Samsung 860 Evo, Corsair 4000D Airflow, 650W 80+ Gold. Razer peripherals. 

Also have a Alienware Alpha R1: i3-4170T, GTX 860M (≈ a 750 Ti). 2x4GB DDR3L-1600, Crucial MX500

My past and current projects: VR Flight Sim: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=dG38Jx (Done!)

A do it all server for educational use: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=vmmNcf (Cancelled)

Replacement of my friend's PC nicknamed Donkey, going from 2nd gen i5 to Zen+ R5: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=WmsW4D (Done!)

58 minutes ago, Nathanpete said:

Ive used that rosewill case before, it was absolute ass to build in. 
Also, I still hate myself for spending fucking $660 for a 5600 XT right after the peak in GPU prices. Only $160 for one right now. Fuck me. 

F in chat for fallen brethren

From the top mounted CV PSU down to the HDD trays almost blocking the 2060... and the SSD, this build screams crap. It's also not realistically $500, that's just clickbait. If I needed a budget build badly, I'd build something around a 6600 and some better, similarly priced hardware. Two thumbs down.

30 minutes ago, Motifator said:

From the top mounted CV PSU down to the HDD trays almost blocking the 2060... and the SSD, this build screams crap. It's also not realistically $500, that's just clickbait. If I needed a budget build badly, I'd build something around a 6600 and some better, similarly priced hardware. Two thumbs down.

6600 is $300 minimum anywhere you look so good luck on getting better parts for the rest of the build when this one is premised on the 2060 being $200. 

2 hours ago, Middcore said:

Just because it's not the most common doesn't mean it's not possible though. Doesn't make any sense to say that every card has to be super low in price for it to be viable; there's been quite a few cards over the past few days that have sold under $200.

1 hour ago, Streetguru said:

Oh God please not first gen Ryzen...

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

It’s come out to about $700 with shipping

The motherboard choice is just awful in my opinion and I'm not confident that those VRM's will handle well an i5 12600 or i7 12700 upgrade as you've mentioned. An extra 10$, would have got you a ASRock B660M steel legend which has better IO, better VRM cooling and better expandability, for an extra 10$ it's a no brainer. It has 6 USB port, 2.5GB lan, bios flashback, 4 ram slots, "reinforced" pcie slot for GPU, more headers for fans and what not and the VRM's will definitely be much more suited towards handling the higher power CPU's if it's going to be upgraded down the line. And it's not the only motherboard, there's quite a few others like it for just an extra 10-20$ more. And they're not hard to find, all I had to do was sort from low to high on PC part picker for LGA1700 motherboards to get several choices

image.thumb.png.23de53b52f7571c4e44d7b783679627e.png