WINDOWS 11 HIGH USAGE OF RAM WHEN IDILING

Sid_Official
Go to solution Solved by Sid_Official,

Ok found the real deal I dont know why but it was by INTERNET BROWSER i.e. BRAVE.

As whenever I use to open it the HIGH USAGE would be certain.

I unistalled it and switched to GOOGLE CHROME rather switched back to it.

Now with CHROME HIGH RAM USAGE is a no where to be seen. I dont know why BRAVE was the reason even after a clean install, I used it for several months without a problem but this occurs 馃槥

ANYWAYS thnx聽Alex Atkin UK

for helping me!

Hey guyz,聽

So here is the full story,

I was enrolled in BETA CHANNEL in windows insider around 4 days ago. All was fine but suddenly my PC shutdown saying installing windows update. And after that update my Laptop would increase its memory usage to 50-95% in a few minutes. Being a tech savy myslef I troubleshooted all the options but I could not manage to see what consuming it so much. I have 8GB btw.聽

So fed up of Windows Insider I reinstalled normal windows (A CLEAN ONE FROM BOOTABLE USB) and installed all my required softwares and drivers and checked the Task Manager hoping to be showing normal ram usage. But NO!聽

Same usage as windows insider. I rechecked wether I didn't enrolled in it again but that was not the case. I checked resource monitor, Task Manager and many other things. Not able to find a culprit.

Though after restart it goes back to normal but after few minutes climbs back to HIGH RM USAGE.

I have also attached SS of the problem.聽

I will be grateful to any help!

Screenshot 2022-07-05 200156.png

Screenshot 2022-07-05 200240.png

Did you try leaving the clean install without ANY additional software to see if it occurs on a completely clean install?

If not, then only install one piece of software at a time then leave it long enough for the problem to occur.聽 If it doesn't, try the next piece of software, rinse and repeat until you figure out which piece of software is causing the issue.

Router:聽 Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

35 minutes ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

Did you try leaving the clean install without ANY additional software to see if it occurs on a completely clean install?

If not, then only install one piece of software at a time then leave it long enough for the problem to occur.聽 If it doesn't, try the next piece of software, rinse and repeat until you figure out which piece of software is causing the issue.

Thnx for your help!

Actually I am a studying student so I dont get this much time installing a software individually and seeing the cause of the issue.

BTW This problem was not even there before I got a stupid BETA UPDATE. It was working GREAT for 8 Months or so. But that UPDATE did what I dont know. After opting out for Insider still getting higher RAM USAGE. I think its a SERIOUS MEMORY LEAK by WINDOWS that effects certain USERS.聽

Also these are my apps installed do you think what can be a culprit. Also I dont think big softwares like Microsoft Teams, Office, etc etc will be a culprit in memory usage

Screenshot 2022-07-05 210311.png

1 hour ago, Sid_Official said:

Thnx for your help!

Actually I am a studying student so I dont get this much time installing a software individually and seeing the cause of the issue.

BTW This problem was not even there before I got a stupid BETA UPDATE. It was working GREAT for 8 Months or so. But that UPDATE did what I dont know. After opting out for Insider still getting higher RAM USAGE. I think its a SERIOUS MEMORY LEAK by WINDOWS that effects certain USERS.聽

Also these are my apps installed do you think what can be a culprit. Also I dont think big softwares like Microsoft Teams, Office, etc etc will be a culprit in memory usage

Impossible to guess, plus it not showing in task manager is puzzling, like maybe its a driver issue or some other core service in Windows that isn't displayed there?

An important thing to not is, does it FEEL like the RAM is full?聽 What does Performance, Memory show for Cached?聽 Windows is designed to load commonly used files into RAM after boot, so high memory usage doesn't necessarily mean a problem if its merely cache.

WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)

1 hour ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

Impossible to guess, plus it not showing in task manager is puzzling, like maybe its a driver issue or some other core service in Windows that isn't displayed there?

An important thing to not is, does it FEEL like the RAM is full?聽 What does Performance, Memory show for Cached?聽 Windows is designed to load commonly used files into RAM after boot, so high memory usage doesn't necessarily mean a problem if its merely cache.

Actually I discovered this problem when I felt that my Laptop is kinda unresponsive and when I checked the Task Manager it showed high memory usage. After that I regularly checked it and it hovered around 90%. Only 1 time I felt RAM is struggling, other time I didn't experinced it but only HIGH USAGE shows up.

NOW UPDATE: I am carefully examining the task manager by keeping it open on my second monitor. And while Studying, YouTube, Light Gaming, Note Making etc and the RAM usage is now just behaving normal. I will update if the problem presist again. I think it may have fixed itself after I just ran a MEMORY CHECK in the BIOS. Hope the results are positive! TNX FOR THE HELP!

43 minutes ago, Sid_Official said:

Actually I discovered this problem when I felt that my Laptop is kinda unresponsive and when I checked the Task Manager it showed high memory usage. After that I regularly checked it and it hovered around 90%. Only 1 time I felt RAM is struggling, other time I didn't experinced it but only HIGH USAGE shows up.

NOW UPDATE: I am carefully examining the task manager by keeping it open on my second monitor. And while Studying, YouTube, Light Gaming, Note Making etc and the RAM usage is now just behaving normal. I will update if the problem presist again. I think it may have fixed itself after I just ran a MEMORY CHECK in the BIOS. Hope the results are positive! TNX FOR THE HELP!

I did just notice double checking my PC that has 32GB RAM, that memory percentage IS just used memory, it doesn't include cache.聽 So its still very curious what is going on.

That said that same PC with next to nothing running uses 4.1GB and everything in task manager comes out to much less than that, so there is definitely something that Task Manager does not report.

18 hours ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

I did just notice double checking my PC that has 32GB RAM, that memory percentage IS just used memory, it doesn't include cache.聽 So its still very curious what is going on.

That said that same PC with next to nothing running uses 4.1GB and everything in task manager comes out to much less than that, so there is definitely something that Task Manager does not report.

Yep TASK MANAGER doesn't shows something that is left over by some software or something that is just caching up.

And I might have found the culprit, it is the Game I am playing and coincidentally when I stared playing it the RAM issue has bought up.

And that game has been know for MEMORY LEAKS and it does leave something in ram as when I quit it the task manager's RAM doesn't go back all the way to the USAGE when the game was not runned after a fresh reboot. The game is ASSASSIN'S CREED 3.聽

Microsoft should do something so that users can see what exactly is in their RAM. Like also some GHOST DATA that just sits there.

Ok found the real deal I dont know why but it was by INTERNET BROWSER i.e. BRAVE.

As whenever I use to open it the HIGH USAGE would be certain.

I unistalled it and switched to GOOGLE CHROME rather switched back to it.

Now with CHROME HIGH RAM USAGE is a no where to be seen. I dont know why BRAVE was the reason even after a clean install, I used it for several months without a problem but this occurs 馃槥

ANYWAYS thnx聽Alex Atkin UK

for helping me!