fans going into a molex

Go to solution Solved by svmlegacy,

Cheap fans are connected by a molex connector. Plug your PSU into this to power them.

so i brought a cheap case (the case for reference https://www.mightyape.co.nz/product/xigmatek-nemesis-m-mini-tower-case-black/32747083?gclid=CjwKCAjwwo-WBhAMEiwAV4dybfGQXYAbtTz3iPq5oaGjijZu30izpCUUKYdYJ1yMDe0d8FPvNNSEbhoCbFUQAvD_BwE)

and it appears to have the fans go into a molex connector and as this is my first time building a computer I'm having a little trouble with it can i get some help?

IMG_3092[1].JPG

Cheap fans are connected by a molex connector. Plug your PSU into this to power them.

Main: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti, 16 GB 4400 MHz DDR4 Fedora 38 x86_64

Secondary: AMD Ryzen 5 5600G, 16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Fedora 38 x86_64

Server: AMD Athlon PRO 3125GE, 32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 ECC, TrueNAS Core 13.0-U5.1

Home Laptop: Intel Core i5-L16G7, 8 GB 4267 MHz LPDDR4x, Windows 11 Home 22H2 x86_64

Work Laptop: Intel Core i7-10510U, NVIDIA Quadro P520, 8 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Windows 10 Pro 22H2 x86_64

What do you mean trouble?
with the connector? we cant help you much, its a terrible connector, just hope.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

The molex connector on power supply have four wires :  5v - ground - ground - 12v 

The fans you have only use one half of the connector, because they only need 12v to work, so there's only two wires connected to ground and 12v. 

The connectors on the fans are designed as "pass through", so that you can connect multiple fans together like in your picture and only use ONE molex connector on your power supply to power all fans, instead of having to use one molex connector from power supply for each fan.  Fans don't consume a lot of power - 2-5 watts - and a single molex connector can safely give components several times more power (around 50 watts) so it's perfectly reasonable to connect multiple fans to a single molex connector on your power supply. It just looks a bit ugly. 

So in your picture, you could pull those molex connectors apart or you could leave them like that. Connect the end of the series into a molex connector coming from the power supply, there's only one way you can connect to the power supply)