Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

PowerDVD 22 freezing and then video stuttering only while playing Blu-rays

Good day,

I am new in this community and I am looking for some assistance with my new build. I just upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 as well due to this build. Everything has been going smooth but the last detail in the software side is not working as intended. I have a Pioneer BDR-209D Blu-ray drive and I have been using it the last year in my previous Win 7 build without any complications. Now when I am watching 1080p Blu-ray movies PowerDVD 22 Ultra is freezing randomdly and after a few seconds or minutes the video will begin again but the audio would be ahead. The video will try to catch up to the audio by the video playing at a higher speed or stutterring ahead skipping frames to catch up to the audio. This only happens with Blu-rays since I have been able to watch entire DVDs without any problems. Also tried the different movies in the living room Blu-ray player without any issues. Things I already tried:

1. Uninstalled the Blu-ray drive from Windows Device Manager and restarted so Windows installs the device again

2. Updated Blu-ray Drive Pioneer BDR-209D to firmware version 1.51

3. Tried with different Blu-ray movies, all of them would do the same. DVDs will work just fine. Blurays will play without any issues in another Blur-ray player

4. Tried also in PowerDVD 20 ultra and same behavior

5- Using latest Nvidia Studio Drivers version 516.59

5. Right now I am going to uninstall my Nvidia Studio Drivers and install the latest Game-Ready Drivers version 516.19

Any other ideas?

Specs:

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
Asus TUF Gaming X570 Pro Wi-Fi

32GB DDR4 G.Skill RGB @ 3600 Mhz

EVGA 3060 XC 

Samsung 980 Pro M.2 SSD (OS Drive)

Crucial MX500 X 2 SATA SSDs

WD Blue HDD

Pioneer BDR-209D Blu-ray Internal Drive

Does any of this story sound like your use case?

I have read about that but I am not trying to watch 4k UHD Blu-rays, only 1080p Blu-rays