Bought a PC from a yard sale and just want to get it up and going

Okay so my mom bought this pc from a literal yard sale for a $1 and while it doesn’t mean much to me, I would like to get it up and running for my little brother so he can know the world of PC gaming. I got it to turn on, fans spin, peripherals like my mouse and keyboard to turn on, etc. but I can’t get it to put out signal. HOWEVER, this cpu supposedly has integrated graphics so I plugged a HDMI cable straight into the motherboard because the graphics card has DVI ports and that’s it and I don’t have that cable at the moment. If I need to, let me know but I didn’t know where to start with this, I’ll leave the specs down below and if someone can help, I’d appreciate it!!

specs:

CPU: Intel i5-650 3.2ghz

GPU: EVGA GT710

Motherboard: P7H55-M _DP (if you need the product number let me know)

RAM: Samsung 4x2GB DDR3 m378b5673eh1-ch9

PSU: 400W Delta Electronics (Product number available)

if you want any other specs let me know!! Thank you for the help!!!image.thumb.jpg.ee039fa3ee8dea6a31785f3880031127.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

well youre going to need to plug the monitor into the graphics card if you want to see graphics.

and or , remove the card to use the integrated gpu.

3 minutes ago, FrostyLaws said:

this cpu supposedly has integrated graphics so I plugged a HDMI cable straight into the motherboard because the graphics card has DVI ports

The iGPU is disabled when a dGPU is installed. Remove the GT 710, reset motherboard BIOS and try again.

May also want to reseat the RAM, and reset the CMOS. A fresh CMOS battery couldn't hurt either, most are CR2032s and are easy enough to find. The workstation I'm revamping had been sitting awhile and was a bit fussy. I see indications of an Asus mobo there, maybe you lucked out and it's been custom-tuned, for what that might be worth.

Edited by An0maly_76
Revised, more info

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

59 minutes ago, --SID-- said:

The iGPU is disabled when a dGPU is installed. Remove the GT 710, reset motherboard BIOS and try again.

Okay I’ll try that and see if that works. Sorry I’ve never had Intel before and the AMD CPUs I’ve never had integrated graphics so. 

37 minutes ago, FrostyLaws said:

Okay I’ll try that and see if that works. Sorry I’ve never had Intel before and the AMD CPUs I’ve never had integrated graphics so. 

We've all had to learn something from someone at some point.

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

16 hours ago, An0maly_76 said:

May also want to reseat the RAM, and reset the CMOS. A fresh CMOS battery couldn't hurt either, most are CR2032s and are easy enough to find. The workstation I'm revamping had been sitting awhile and was a bit fussy. I see indications of an Asus mobo there, maybe you lucked out and it's been custom-tuned, for what that might be worth.

Okay so I just got home from work, removed the GT 710 and pulled the battery to reset the CMOS and turned it on and still nothing 😕 fans spin and lights come on but no display. What should I try next? Preferably inexpensive options first but if I need to replace the motherboard I could for about $60 or so. I just want to get into the bios so I don’t have a hard drive on there but I could use one if that’s advised

Edited by FrostyLaws

2 minutes ago, FrostyLaws said:

Okay so I just got home from work, removed the GT 710 and pulled the battery to reset the CMOS and turned it on and still nothing 😕 fans spin and lights come on but no display. What should I try next? Preferably inexpensive options first but if I need to replace the motherboard I could for about $60 or so. I just want to get into the bios so I don’t have a hard drive on there but I could use one if that’s advised

If you're using the GPU, the cable should be plugged into the GPU's output port. But that processor is listed as having integrated graphics, so you might try removing the GPU, plugging the cable into the motherboard's output port, and see if it works that way. The GPU could be bad.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

2 minutes ago, An0maly_76 said:

If you're using the GPU, the cable should be plugged into the GPU's output port. But that processor is listed as having integrated graphics, so you might try removing the GPU, plugging the cable into the motherboard's output port, and see if it works that way. The GPU could be bad.

That’s what I just did sorry, I didn’t specify specifically what I did but I took the GPU out and tried the motherboard port. I don’t have a DVI cable but I could run to Walmart and grab one if need be. Be nice to have it regardless so

10 minutes ago, FrostyLaws said:

That’s what I just did sorry, I didn’t specify specifically what I did but I took the GPU out and tried the motherboard port. I don’t have a DVI cable but I could run to Walmart and grab one if need be. Be nice to have it regardless so

If you do this, grab a CR2032 and change out the CMOS battery on the motherboard. It's likely that computer has sat for a long time and it could be flat. Computer should still boot, but it'll cause issues down the line. 

Double, triple check all power connectors are plugged all the way in. 

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

8 minutes ago, IkeaGnome said:

If you do this, grab a CR2032 and change out the CMOS battery on the motherboard. It's likely that computer has sat for a long time and it could be flat. Computer should still boot, but it'll cause issues down the line. 

Double, triple check all power connectors are plugged all the way in. 

Okay I’ll grab a battery. Turns out DVI cables are like non-existent in store and have to be ordered so that’s great. 

3 minutes ago, FrostyLaws said:

Okay I’ll grab a battery. Turns out DVI cables are like non-existent in store and have to be ordered so that’s great. 

DVI to HDMI can be done on a passive adapter like this. It's in stock up here in Anchorage at least.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/onn-DVI-Male-to-HDMI-Female-Bi-Directional-Adapter/695791082?fulfillmentIntent=In-store&athbdg=L1200

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

Okay so I was able to obtain new 2032 batteries, a DVI cable, a VGA cable and a DVI to DisplayPort adapter. I tried each cable and each port with different monitors, different hard drives I had, with and without the graphics card with each cable and none of them worked… everything spins up and is moving but it doesn’t POST so I don’t know if I’m doing something wrong or if there’s a next step I should do but I’m open to anything. May replace the motherboard or get a little better GPU and see if it’s that. But it has integrated graphics so it should be showing up regardless