I can't install windows on my laptop after resetting the drives and formatting them.

I guess this morning I woke up with less patience than normal, because when I noticed that 11th intel laptop was acting slower than normal. I decided to wipe the drives and start anew. I don't store anything critical on my laptop so it's fine that I reformatted the drives. I had done this process before on my desktop and was able to install 2 new SSDs without trouble.

Yet, once I hit the reset button on my laptop and it went black, something felt off, because now the laptop will not detect any storage devices other that my usb used to install windows. I tried using the command line on the windows recovery tool, and that failed to find storage devices. I then put both of my laptop drives into my desktop, where it recognized them, and I was able to reformat them into ntfs and wipe them clean. After moving them back to my laptop where they were unable to be located. I tried to reset the BIOS options to the factory settings and the laptop didn't see the drives. I tried to install the chipset drivers on a usb and my laptop still did not recognize the either SSDs.

Finally, I took it to geek squad, and they tried to get me to sign up for a credit card or spend $200, so I'm running out of options, and I need to get this fixed before my lan party friday. Any ideas are welcomed. 

Laptop model: Asus Tuf F17 FX706HE

Here's a picture of what I'm talking about 

20220705_033050.jpg

Any other known good drives work on the drive slots of this laptop? I suspect there is a hardware issue with the motherboard, meybe the connector or the power rail for drives.

I've had something similar occur to me before.
If the drives show in your bios (so you know they're actually detected / powered) then you might need to load in some drivers.
For older systems/windows installations they don't come preloaded with the drivers necessary to detect some drives.

Are the drives GPT(Dynamic) or MBR(Basic) ?
Every drive I've installed that was GPT had issues/needed drivers while MBR were fine when it came to windows installations.

You can swap from GPT to MBR rather easily and a simple google will give you all the steps.
As far as I know, newer windows installations solved this issue though

On 7/5/2022 at 8:49 AM, TomChaai said:

Any other known good drives work on the drive slots of this laptop? I suspect there is a hardware issue with the motherboard, meybe the connector or the power rail for drives.

Yes, the drives are readable. For some reason when I click the search for drivers button  the drives are readable but windows doesn’t let me install on them. I’ve tried installing the intel rapid storage driver but that failed to fix my issue.