Looking for a new keyboard and am a bit lost, any sugguestions?

So as stated in the title, I am in the market for a new keyboard. My daily driver is a full sized? (has a 10 key) corsair strafe V1 with cherry MX blues, which I have been using for the last 7ish years and have thoroughly enjoyed. However it is starting to show its age at this point and I think its time i give something else a try. With that said i was hoping for some advice/recommendations for another fullsized keyboard with similar features and feel (other switch types that are similar to cherry mx blues). I understand that there is a newer version of this keyboard with cherry mx reds, but having tried it, I found I really enjoy the tactile feel and noise of the Blue switches. Additionally any key cap sets you could recommend feel free to add, price range can be up to ~$250.

Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated,

-Pulpypanda

1 hour ago, Pulpypanda said:

So as stated in the title, I am in the market for a new keyboard. My daily driver is a full sized? (has a 10 key) corsair strafe V1 with cherry MX blues, which I have been using for the last 7ish years and have thoroughly enjoyed. However it is starting to show its age at this point and I think its time i give something else a try. With that said i was hoping for some advice/recommendations for another fullsized keyboard with similar features and feel (other switch types that are similar to cherry mx blues). I understand that there is a newer version of this keyboard with cherry mx reds, but having tried it, I found I really enjoy the tactile feel and noise of the Blue switches. Additionally any key cap sets you could recommend feel free to add.

Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated,

-Pulpypanda

Budgets get wildly variable with keyboards.  Even 20 years ago they generally went for between $8 and $300. Today it’s an even bigger range.  Iirc there were solid gold key apps around.  Need to know at least vaguely what the budget is. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

37 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Budgets get wildly variable with keyboards.  Even 20 years ago they generally went for between $8 and $300. Today it’s an even bigger range.  Iirc there were solid gold key apps around.  Need to know at least vaguely what the budget is. 

anything up to or around ~$250 would be where I call it. I updated my post to put a price limit in there.

2 hours ago, Pulpypanda said:

anything up to or around ~$250 would be where I call it. I updated my post to put a price limit in there.

Around 250? You could probably build a custom one to your liking with that budget.

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 5600x, 3600 DDR4 2x8 G.Skill Ripjaws V, Crucial P2 1000 GB, MSI B550-A Pro, Noctua NH-U12s, 2 pack of Arctic PWM PST F12, Phanteks P400a, 3060 ti RX 560 in place of 3060 TI)

OLKB Preonic.

Hotswappable and fully customizable (QMK). You can have your NumPad and whatever else wherever you want.