Pls apologize any spelling mistakes.

My Problem:

I have build a custom PC 6 months ago.

My Components:

I7-12700k

Zotac 3070ti

32GB DDR4 Ram

Bequiet 750W PSU

The first time I got the issue while playing Ghost Recon Wildlands. My Monitor lost the Signal and I had to restart my PC to solve it.

The PC (Sound etc.) was still running in the background.

While playing other games (Warzone) it didn't occurred.

A day later the same problem happend while playing warzone and now my PC would restart by itself. 

Now sometimes after booting the screen stays black, sometimes I have just 5 green pixel on my screen. (GPU flashed yellow very fast). But most of the times windows will boot normally but crash if I start any game (I guess if the GPU starts getting some load).

One time I could play for an hour and nothing happened till I shut it down.

I already tried to reinstall my Card Drivers and my display drivers. I also swapped my Ram, nothing happend.

I tried an 2060 super and it worked fine, but it was also the day my 3070ti worked fine the one time.

Is my GPU or my PSU faulty?

I just have an 600w PSU to test, but it's not enough power for my components.

So you guys have any idea?

Should I just send back my GPU under warranty?

Thank you very much for your help.

Greetings from germany

Chrismanix

Edited by Chrismanix
Spelling

If games crash with the 3070Ti and not with the 2060,and you have screen artefacts it's most likely the GPU

A 750W PSU shouldn't trip on your setup, but it's possible, you should monitor your power consumption, especially with an overclocked 12700K

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

Nope, its the PSU. My system will shut down too if I run something like F@H on my CPU and GPU with a hard OC. It doesn't happen to me in game though, probably because games are not stressful to run. But your CPU will pull hella power compared to mine.

You are doing well with you're English, nice job 👌

AMD R7 5800X3D | Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 EVO, 1x T30

Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14

Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3060/1495 | WD SN850, SN850X, SN770

Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact RGB, Many CFM's

6 hours ago, freeagent said:

Nope, its the PSU. My system will shut down too if I run something like F@H on my CPU and GPU with a hard OC. It doesn't happen to me in game though, probably because games are not stressful to run. But your CPU will pull hella power compared to mine.

You are doing well with you're English, nice job 👌

I ordered an new PSU which will arrive today. Let's see if it will solve the issue.

I took an 850W Corsair this time.

I tried another PSU but the problem stayed the same. I build the old PSU back in and now my motherboard is showing the DRAM Error.

What is going on?

Whivh part is broken?

Maybe my CPU is the issue?

2 hours ago, Chrismanix said:

I tried another PSU but the problem stayed the same. I build the old PSU back in and now my motherboard is showing the DRAM Error.

What is going on?

Whivh part is broken?

Maybe my CPU is the issue?

New PSU us working, but the issue which the Signal lost of the display (GPU crash) stayed.

I think that the PSU ist faulty and killed my GPU. That the only explanation which would make any sense.

But I am still not sure. Its a mystery.

I will send the GPU under warranty and see if a knew one will do the trick.

The PSU ist going back under warranty a little bit later. I don't want them to refuse the GPU warrenty because the PSU was the issue.

If you are getting memory issues, then one or more of your sticks could be bad. Is windows recognizing all memory?

You can try running memtest86

7 hours ago, silencer12 said:

If you are getting memory issues, then one or more of your sticks could be bad. Is windows recognizing all memory?

You can try running memtest86

With the new PSU there is NO issue and I tried another pair of RAM with the old PSU and the issue stayed.