My SSDs won't show up on boot

Sometimes when i boot windows up my ssds won't show up, they are both m.2 wd black connected straight to the motherboard, it happened before i started using them in raid 0 and still does now, i boot up windows then i need to restart for them to show up, if i shutdown and boot up later it can happen again

im using a b550m steel legend and a 5600x and i'm having no other issues with the rig

These sort of bugs where drives don't show up in BIOS are very typical of NVME drives.

Maybe a BIOS update can fix this.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

3 hours ago, Vishera said:

These sort of bugs where drives don't show up in BIOS are very typical of NVME drives.

Maybe a BIOS update can fix this.

This and resetting the BIOS after.

(BEFORE YOU RESET: After you update the BIOS turn on the computer! Then you can continue with the reset)

To reset the BIOS:

Turn the computer off and unplug it

Open the computer case and remove the watch battery (usually located bottom right of the motherboard, looks a little smaller than an American Quarter and is silver with writing on it) 

Hold the POWER button for 15-30 seconds, some systems will turn on then back off immediately, this is a good sign

Reinstall the Watch Battery then plug in your computer and power it on, the BIOS should then be reset

• 1 month later...

I posted this then got really distracted with life, i think i explained it the wrong way, it does show in the bios, it won't show up in windows itself, aka. i start my pc i type in my password, ssd wont show up until i restart from within windows, if i do a complete shutdown then start windows again the issue might persist

(edit: going to try updating the bios and see what happens)

I've updated the bios and gave it 3 days now it's still the same, it happens less frequently I feel like but the issue persists