Pc powers off when waking up from sleep

Just_Tyler17

Hello! my computers having a major power issue causing it to shut down instead of waking up from being in the sleep state. This is the only power related issue I've come across with the system. When putting the pc to sleep I hear a clicking noise before it sleeps. While its sleeping the power button led blinks and the ram lights stay on. If I press the button or do anything to normally wake up the pc I hear the same click again, then all the lights in the case flash for a second as well as the gpus and the system shuts off. ive tried messing with power settings including disabling fast boot and running psu diagnostics with the command prompt. Not the end of the world but really annoying to have to re boot my pc whenever it goes to sleep. Below are the results from the 2 diagnostics ive ran. I would really really appreciate the help. 3 hours of googling last night didnt do much

Attached below is a youtube video demonstrating the issue 

Thank you

Specs:
Ryzen 7 5800x3d
RTX 3080 ftw

asus b550 i (bios version 2803)

cooler master v850 80+ gold sfs power supply
32 gb 3200mhz corsair vengeance ddr4

scythe fuma 2 

Cooler master nr200p
1tb samsung 980 pro
2tb teamgroup ssd
Windows 10 64 bit

power efficiency diagnostics.PNG

system power report.PNG

sleep is an inherently broken feature on windows, especially on such a complex system you're guaranteed to have issues wirh at least one driver.

on a desktop there really isnt much reason for sleep either imo.

learn to properly shut down your machine.

also, disable the 'go to sleep on inactivity' power setting in windows.

13 hours ago, manikyath said:

sleep is an inherently broken feature on windows, especially on such a complex system you're guaranteed to have issues wirh at least one driver.

on a desktop there really isnt much reason for sleep either imo.

learn to properly shut down your machine.

also, disable the 'go to sleep on inactivity' power setting in windows.

I mean not really. Sleep is nice when you need to put your system in a soft on state without shutting everything down and re booting the computer back up. Its alot quicker and doesnt cause me to need to save everything and re open everything back up

Hey Tyler.

Thanks for the video it certainly helps to see what you are seeing.

Without knowing if the windows power settings have been changed from default or even if a pre-defined alternative has been used... Or even possibly P/C-sates in bios and shutdown behaviour etc has been changed it's a bit like swatting flies.

Before I suggest any changes to the system can I ask how much it bothers you?

My train of thought is - we could spend countless hours looking through power profles in windows or whether something like win10 shutup (Chris Titus guide a common one) etc has been run. Also trying to avoid spending hours in bios...

The simple and fast resolution is set bios to default (usually F5 while in bios and then F10 to save and exit), then reset win 10 to default ( you wont lose personal data)
It's worth noting though that many of the personal changes you've made to customise the pc will be lost - So I'd start by asking how much it annoys you?

On 7/5/2022 at 10:31 PM, Ephinum said:

Hey Tyler.

Without knowing if the windows power settings have been changed from default or even if a pre-defined alternative has been used... Or even possibly P/C-sates in bios and shutdown behavior etc has been changed it's a bit like swatting flies.

My train of thought is - we could spend countless hours looking through power profiles in windows or whether something like win10 shutup (Chris Titus guide a common one) etc has been run. Also trying to avoid spending hours in bios...

The simple and fast resolution is set bios to default (usually F5 while in bios and then F10 to save and exit), then reset win 10 to default ( you wont lose personal data)
It's worth noting though that many of the personal changes you've made to customize the pc will be lost - So I'd start by asking how much it annoys you?

it annoys me a fair bit as this is the pc im going to be taking with me to college and ill most likely be up and down alot. Im down to reset windows or do a full re install to see if thats the issues. I've reset windows power settings to default before with no luck. Ill try resetting/repairing windows and get back to you if it works 

On 7/5/2022 at 11:31 PM, Ephinum said:

Hey Tyler.

Without knowing if the windows power settings have been changed from default or even if a pre-defined alternative has been used... Or even possibly P/C-sates in bios and shutdown behaviour etc has been changed it's a bit like swatting flies.

My train of thought is - we could spend countless hours looking through power profles in windows or whether something like win10 shutup (Chris Titus guide a common one) etc has been run. Also trying to avoid spending hours in bios...

It's worth noting though that many of the personal changes you've made to customise the pc will be lost - So I'd start by asking how much it annoys you?

Unfortunately still getting the same shutdown issue 😞

Gonna try and Inspect the GPU power cables and maybe try a different power supply

thank you for the help btw, I really appreciate it!