USB 3 Drive Only working on 2.0

Olleco

Hi all,

A bit of an odd occurrence happened a few days ago, I usually have my portable hard drive plugged into the front Purple USB slots on my PC case, I tried plugging in my Quest 2 into the adjacent slot using my phone charger, no doubt the root cause of the problem, and then I started hearing clicking sounds. I started to investigate and found it to be my portable hard drive clicking, I then had the "Oh s*&T" moment realising that I've just killed my drive. After unplugging and then re-inserting it continued to click upon spinning up, I then tried it on my Laptop and it worked perfectly fine. I then realised that the drive wasn't working on USB 3 slots for some strange reason, something I've never encountered before. Would anybody be able to shed some light on this issue.

Regards,

Adam. 

Definitely a weird problem...

Does any other USB 3.0 device work in the same ports?

Besides a software bug or a goofy USB controller I'm not quite sure what else could be the problem.

Yeah, other devices work fine. I just tried plugging it in now, the drive showed up and opened the windows explorer, but as soon as I clicked on a folder It said "device inaccessible"