i want to build a gaming pc but i cannot understand how to pick parts ??

i saw a youtube where he said a graphics card is good if it has higher numbers and the budget friendly processor is amd ryzen 5 3600 but i use intel processor so to fit amd processor i need to buy new motherboard.

8 minutes ago, srinivas22 said:

i saw a youtube where he said a graphics card is good if it has higher numbers and the budget friendly processor is amd ryzen 5 3600 but i use intel processor so to fit amd processor i need to buy new motherboard.

First, decide your budget.
Then make a post on New Builds & Planning subforum.
https://linustechtips.com/forum/18-new-builds-and-planning/

Don't forget to mention where do you live (country)

be as detailed as you can about it, do you need monitor & peripherals as well, etc.
Be elaborate on what you are going to need it for, just gaming? production? design? video editing? etc.
Say it somewhere in your post if there is something that you want to get no matter what

(example : I want it to use atleast a RTX3080)

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

28 minutes ago, srinivas22 said:

he said a graphics card is good if it has higher numbers

This is the most basic way to look at it possible, it's so simple that it isn't a useful metric. The RX 6400 isn't faster than the RTX 2080 just because 6400 is a bigger number. Same with a GTX 1650 vs a 1080.

As mentioned by @Poinkachu, providing us with a budget to make parts recommendations will be ideal. Most will suggest a parts list via PCPartPicker.com which is a super convenient tool for new builders.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

3 hours ago, Poinkachu said:

First, decide your budget.
Then make a post on New Builds & Planning subforum.
https://linustechtips.com/forum/18-new-builds-and-planning/

Don't forget to mention where do you live (country)

be as detailed as you can about it, do you need monitor & peripherals as well, etc.
Be elaborate on what you are going to need it for, just gaming? production? design? video editing? etc.
Say it somewhere in your post if there is something that you want to get no matter what

(example : I want it to use atleast a RTX3080)

i can spend upto 30,000 INR and i am from india. i want to do video editing as well as gaming.

i don't prefer any special type of graphics card and right now i am using integrated graphics card with process intel core i3 third gen 

> Moved to New Builds & Planning.

Building a PC for the first time can be pretty overwhelming if you're not familiar with PC hardware. The first PC I built I was lucky to have some friends who were in to computers who helped me a lot (as well as asking on forums like this one).

Youtube guides on building PCs can help. LTT has a pretty recent guide that goes over everything. It would probably be a good place to start and get familiar with all of the parts and what they do, why they're important.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

1 hour ago, srinivas22 said:

right now i am using integrated graphics card with process intel core i3 third gen 

For 30,000 INR, you might consider the used graphics card market. Last I checked, graphics cards are really expensive in India, and if you can't afford something new like a GTX 1660, you should check for a used GTX 1070 

Do you know what specific power supply your computer has?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad