What motherboard would you recommend?

aeun44
Go to solution Solved by venomtail,
1 hour ago, aeun44 said:

MSI PRO B660M-A

Get the MSI PRO if you just need a motherboard for most consumer use and won't be putting in any fancy CPU's like anything hungrier than an i7.

1 hour ago, aeun44 said:

GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER

Get the AORUS MASTER if you plan to do any overclocking or hungry CPU's that need VRMS to be kept cool.

Budget (including currency): prefer +- €200. MAX: €250

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Civilization V/VI, Rainbow Six Siege, Guildwars 2, League Of Legends, Detroit Become Human, Horizon Zero Dawn, Valorant, Witcher III...

Other details

I really don't know a lot about mobo's so I have been on a search for quite a long time and want some final advise here. What would be the overall best I should get? I've seen a lot about the B660 being the cheaper ends. So I guess I am going with one of those. If there is a better one for me you can always tell me. What I found:

• MSI PRO B660M-A (read a lot of good things about it + recommened by a friend)
  • MSI MAG B660M MORTAR WIFI
  • ASROCK B660M STEEL LEGEND
  • ASUS PRIME B660-PLUS (was recommended by a friend)
  • ASUS PRIME B660M-A 
  • MSI MAG B660 TOMAHAWK WIFI
  • GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER

I have as CPU an i5-12400F, DDR4 RAM and a RX6600. 

Things that I would like to have extra: Bluetooth, toslink/optical input (or just general bit extra audio inputs). 

But these things can be fixed/mixed if it would make a better deal. 

I really lack to know the best idea on mobo's. I hope I could get some info on this.

EDIT: will stay with this i5 for quite some time.

Thanks in advance!

GIGABYTE B550 AORUS PRO AC wouldn't work as it is a AM4 motherboard

Minecraft plugin developer

Desktop:
CPU= I5 12400F
RAM = 2x 32gb DDR4 3200MHZ Corsair Vengeance LPX
Motherboard = MSI Z690-A-PRO Wifi DDR4
GPU= RTX 3050
SSD = Samsung 980 Pro 1TB
PSU= Corsair RM750

Laptop:
CPU= AMD Ryzen 5 5500u
RAM= 1X 4gb (soldered 3200mhz), 1x 16gb ddr4 3200mhz (so-dimm)
SSD= Samsung 970 Evo 1TB

6 minutes ago, CustomEnchants said:

GIGABYTE B550 AORUS PRO AC wouldn't work as it is a AM4 motherboard

ah my bad there! Thanks.

I would get the cheapest from the MSI boards, and if you need wifi one of the wifi models

4 minutes ago, Pixelfie said:

I would get the cheapest from the MSI boards, and if you need wifi one of the wifi models

Well these prices are based on some sites so I can find cheaper ones, but what would you go for? Really the cheapest option no matter what? (being cheapest wifi if I want) I know MSI has good mobo's so that is understandable.

image.png

MSI b660m-a if your plan is to stick with the i5 but if you want to upgrade to a i9 or i7 then the MSI mag b660m mortar(wifi)                 

1 hour ago, aeun44 said:

MSI PRO B660M-A

Get the MSI PRO if you just need a motherboard for most consumer use and won't be putting in any fancy CPU's like anything hungrier than an i7.

1 hour ago, aeun44 said:

GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER

Get the AORUS MASTER if you plan to do any overclocking or hungry CPU's that need VRMS to be kept cool.

Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X3D - Kraken X62 Rev 2 - STRIX X470-I - 3600MHz 32GB Kingston Fury - 250GB 970 Evo boot - 2x 500GB 860 Evo - 1TB P3 - 4TB HDD - RX6800 - RMx 750 W 80+ Gold - Manta - Silent Wings Pro 4's enjoyer

SetupZowie XL2740 27.0" 240hz - Roccat Burt Pro Corsair K70 LUX browns - PC38X - Mackie CR5X's

Current build on PCPartPicker

2 hours ago, aeun44 said:

Well these prices are based on some sites so I can find cheaper ones, but what would you go for? Really the cheapest option no matter what? (being cheapest wifi if I want) I know MSI has good mobo's so that is understandable.

image.png

I meant the cheapest of the MSI boards you listed. The B660M Bazooka looks like a good option.