Is it just me or is the Intel Core i3 12100F the best budget processor ever?!? (Thanks, I am buying 12100))

Go to solution Solved by Rauten,

Well I don't know if I'd call it "perfect", or "best budget processor ever!", but it is definitely the current budget king.

Do check prices for the standard 12100 in your area - the integrated graphics can be useful on certain situations (for example, if your GPU decides to jump off a cliff).

I am currently building a budget gaming PC! I need a great processor! I thought only about AMD 5500, 5600 and core i5! And suddenly I found this beast! I looked in the internet about it! And it beats every processor! I am still shocked! I am gonna buy it! Isn't it perfect?!? I am here for your valuable speech about it! Tell me before I buy it!

is it the best ever? No, Usually used components are way better value. Honestly with how gimped it is, i wouldnt reccomend the 12100  over a 12400 for gaming and such. 

For buying new. If your just gaming, it can go either way, just whatever is the better price in your region.

Well I don't know if I'd call it "perfect", or "best budget processor ever!", but it is definitely the current budget king.

Do check prices for the standard 12100 in your area - the integrated graphics can be useful on certain situations (for example, if your GPU decides to jump off a cliff).

Its a great cpu for the money but I do not see it as budget king.

The reason is quite simple. For now its good enough for any game but give it at most a year (after the 8th gen consoles go away) and it will quickly begin suffering from the same issues 4core and 6 core cpus without smt have struggled with for years now.

So whilst itnis more a 12400 is the better budget cpu because you wont have to add budget to your cpu soon like you would have with the i3

To me, I thought that Intel core i3 12100F was the best! But as it turns out that 12100 is just better! I need Integrated graphics because I don't want to buy GPU right away! Then it's the best! I am gonna buy it! Thanks for any Review! Please tell me which motherboard will be the best among these in the given picture!

image.png

1 hour ago, _DeXTeR_ said:

If you ask me I would go for Ryzen 5 5500 it cost 38$ more but you are getting way much more.

It's similar to the 12100 overall, slower in ST/gaming but faster in MT. You either go with 12100(F) or the 12400F/5600, R5 5500/4500 and R3 4100 are way too expensive for the performance they have.

6 minutes ago, _DeXTeR_ said:

More cores better single core performance better multicore performance hypertreading higher treads count higher Cache, For me way to many reason to kill Intel in budget system build.

How about the legend for budget gaming PC athlon 3000G as I am trying to build a gaming PC ! If I buy 3000G, then I I'll probably buy a GPU like 1650! Is that a good idea?

2 hours ago, _DeXTeR_ said:

If you ask me I would go for Ryzen 5 5500 it cost 38$ more but you are getting way much more.

Huh ? 5500 is only better at full load (with 6 cores to 4) but not by a big margin, it scores like 11K on CBR23 to 8K for the 12100

OTOH it's wayy slower on single thread (1350 to 1900), which is what counts for gaming (and most apps)

Add to this the 5500 is only PCIe3 to 12100's PCIe5, and can support DDR5 (even if currently it makes no real sense)

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

7 hours ago, _DeXTeR_ said:

Way much more ? How so ? The 5500 is a fraud.

You not seen the GN video then ?

58 minutes ago, _DeXTeR_ said:

Have watch way to many videos and did way to many test on different PC specs and yes 5500 is still outperforming 12100F

No it isn't, as clearly shown in the video.