Do Jonsbo cr1200e can be used for i5 12400 cooler ?

Ucan_101

I was reccomended this by the seller, they said that it can but i wonder if its really okay ? since it was 1200 cooler

Looking at their website it does have LGA 1700 mounting hardware available so it should work, but you might need to contact Jonsbo to try and get that mounting hardware.

Do remember the 12400 comes with a stock cooler that you can use and save some money if you don't want to buy a cooler. 

3 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Looking at their website it does have LGA 1700 mounting hardware available so it should work, but you might need to contact Jonsbo to try and get that mounting hardware.

Do remember the 12400 comes with a stock cooler that you can use and save some money if you don't want to buy a cooler. 

i heard its not safe since my friend using stock cooler for i5 12400f and it was in pretty high number, around 80 degrees just for genshin impact or valorant. Wonder what would happen if playing cyberpunk or 3D task work

2 minutes ago, Ucan_101 said:

i heard its not safe since my friend using stock cooler for i5 12400f and it was in pretty high number, around 80 degrees just for genshin impact or valorant. Wonder what would happen if playing cyberpunk or 3D task work

I've got a number of friends with that cooler, it only gets to the mid 90s (which is a safe temperature) in something like Prime95. For just gaming it's adequate given your case has half decent air flow. 

Also, while I don't know about Genshin, I do know Valorant is very CPU heavy, so that would explain why it was getting that warm. 

3 minutes ago, Ucan_101 said:

Wonder what would happen if playing cyberpunk or 3D task work

These use-cases are GPU bound and won't put that much load on your CPU. Also 80°C isn't harmful, it's quite fine for stock coolers. As long as it doesn't throttle under your use-case, a stock cooler is fine

8 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

oh yes i have found jonsbo cr1200 are able to support, never think about searching the website for it. i just trying to find a review on youtube but unable to find one. Thanks

1 minute ago, RONOTHAN## said:

I've got a number of friends with that cooler, it only gets to the mid 90s (which is a safe temperature) in something like Prime95. For just gaming it's adequate given your case has half decent air flow. 

Also, while I don't know about Genshin, I do know Valorant is very CPU heavy, so that would explain why it was getting that warm. 

i heard its recomended to go for 70 degree and 80 is not good already. i wouldnt mind to spend another $10-$20 for safer route if its reccomended

3 minutes ago, Ucan_101 said:

i heard its recomended to go for 70 degree and 80 is not good already. i wouldnt mind to spend another $10-$20 for safer route if its reccomended

Whoever said that hasn't used modern hardware. Getting a Ryzen 5000 series chip to not run at 80-85C under full load is basically impossible, but that's fine because that's what they're designed to run at. On Intel chips, they're designed to run even hotter. There's a reason they don't start thermal throttling until they hit 100C, they're designed to run at those temps without damage. Yeah running CPUs colder is better, but that realistically only matters if you're overclocking. If you're just sticking to stock speeds, the only reasons to get something better than the stock cooler is you've got a case with absolutely no airflow or you want it to be quieter (the stock cooler isn't particularly quiet). A tower cooler isn't safer, it's just quieter.