GPU suddenly not recognized

I have a rtx 3060 with an ASUS b450f II board and 5600x cpu. I built it last year and it has been working perfectly up until now. Today both my monitors went black at the same time, and my computer does not seem to sense my gpu. My motherboard's VGA light is on, even though my gpu lights are on. 

I have removed my gpu and put it back in to see if it was a connection issue, and nothing changed. 

Does anyone know what could cause my graphics card/mother board to behave this way? 

I'd check power connectors, but usually when something like this happens my first thought would be a dead GPU or power supply. I'd check the card in another system if available and/or check another GPU in your main system to see if that works. 

Another thing you can do is try clearing CMOS and/or swapping memory. I have seen it before (specifically on my X570 Master) where if my memory overclocks are somewhat unstable it will actually fail to POST on a GPU error code and light up the "VGA" LED when in reality the card works perfectly fine and RAM is just barely too stable to not trigger a safe boot. I'd assume the same thing could happen if your RAM ended up failing. 

Ok I don't have another gpu, but I can bring it to a friend's house to try it in his pc. If that fails I will try clearing CMOS and benchtest my pc with nothing except the cpu gpu and board

3 minutes ago, Szeth said:

Ok I don't have another gpu, but I can bring it to a friend's house to try it in his pc. If that fails I will try clearing CMOS and benchtest my pc with nothing except the cpu gpu and board

I'd do the Clear CMOS first since it doesn't require moving the system and takes like 2 minutes to test. I wouldn't expect it to work, but it's a lot quicker than driving to a friend's house and throwing your GPU in their system. 

Also reply so we get a notification

Also, specs would help us in ferreting out any unexpected issues. Has anything been updated recently, like BIOS or something? New component added?

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

14 minutes ago, An0maly_76 said:

Also, specs would help us in ferreting out any unexpected issues. Has anything been updated recently, like BIOS or something? New component added?

No changes in the past few months and the computer has seen daily use with no issues. 

Specs: 

ASUS DUAL GeForce RTX 3060 OC Edition Gaming Graphics Card

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 

ASUS ROG Strix B450-F Gaming II

ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply

WD Blue SN550 1TB Internal SSD

Coolermaster Hyper 212

SeaGate Barracuda 2TB internatl SSD

Some random WiFi card from Amazon

2 hours ago, Szeth said:

No changes in the past few months and the computer has seen daily use with no issues. 

Specs: 

ASUS DUAL GeForce RTX 3060 OC Edition Gaming Graphics Card

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 

ASUS ROG Strix B450-F Gaming II

ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply

WD Blue SN550 1TB Internal SSD

Coolermaster Hyper 212

SeaGate Barracuda 2TB internatl SSD

Some random WiFi card from Amazon

Maybe a long shot, but not entirely impossible -- perhaps the PCIe power for GPU is getting weak. Alternately, I've been having a random issue on startup only where I had no video on startup. I've narrowed it down to either the cable or the HDMI output port on the GPU. So perhaps try unplugging and reinserting the output cable, or swapping it with a different one.

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!