MSI GF 75Thin display issue

Go to solution Solved by da na,

Welcome to the forums!
Sounds like a damaged/disconnected display cable, that was shaken loose by the fall. Could be on the screen side or motherboard side. If there's no visible damage to the screen, I'd take it to a professional and tell them the internal display cable has issues (unless you want to repair it yourself, but if you're new to laptops that's a decently difficult repair.)

Hi I have a MSI gf 75thin 9sd and I have a display issue where sometimes my screen flickers on YouTube if I pause a video and scroll down or up it turns the video completely green and on other applications like google or steam it makes the screen flicker. a few weeks ago my little sister accidentally made it fall on the ground and it landed on the screen and slammed shut I  did update my Integrated GPU and I am using windows 11 so that may be the problem. my drivers are updated I also tried to go to Nvidia control panel and switch the preferred gpu for chrome but there was no effect

Specs:

CPU: i7 9750H

RAM: 16.0GB Dual-Channel ADATA (19-19-19-43)

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti (MSI)

IGPU: Intel UHD Graphics 630 (MSI)

Welcome to the forums!
Sounds like a damaged/disconnected display cable, that was shaken loose by the fall. Could be on the screen side or motherboard side. If there's no visible damage to the screen, I'd take it to a professional and tell them the internal display cable has issues (unless you want to repair it yourself, but if you're new to laptops that's a decently difficult repair.)

18 minutes ago, Mel0nMan said:

Welcome to the forums!

I have token apart laptops and upgraded ect so yea i think i can do it