I'm pretty sure my pc is bottlenecking

So I have a

3070 Ti

i7 9700k

and I'm pretty sure the cpu is causing issues with the my frames as my gpu usage will go from 30% to 100% and so on and so forth causing serious issue with frames so I was wanting to know if the Intel BX80684I99900KF Intel Core i9-9900KF Desktop Processor 8 Cores up to 5.0 GHz Turbo Unlocked Without Processor Graphics LGA1151 300 Series 95W would work better with the graphics card. I'm not sure what's going on but I literally have frame issues in Minecraft soooo.

You should really only be having issues in MC if you have mods and other crap enabled that will cause the issues. MC should not cause the 9700k to have a stutter issue, although it is not hyperthreaded so that could potentially be it, but i would not imagine that base MC would cause it.

Do you have other things open like a browser, discord, and such while MC is also playing? Does closing them do anything?

A 9900k would be a slightly better choice, but i would have trouble recommending depending on how much you would have to spend to buy one

I did a quick benchmark and I have literally no idea what's going on so here is this but I usually have discord and chrome open but nothing really happens with or without them.

Screenshot (49).png

2 minutes ago, aurosan said:

I did a quick benchmark and I have literally no idea what's going on so here is this but I usually have discord and chrome open but nothing really happens with or without them.

Thats not a valid benchmark. It's marketting fluff. Run something like Heaven, or timespy or one of the better benchmarks and share the results.

If you have Nvidia's GeForce Experience, check to be sure you haven't inadvertently started streaming through it. Very easy to do, and very easy to overlook.

Edited by An0maly_76
Revised, more info

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

16 minutes ago, An0maly_76 said:

If you have Nvidia's GeForce Experience, check to be sure you haven't inadvertently started streaming through it. Very easy to do, and very easy to overlook.

how would I check that?

Check Task Manager to see if anything by Nvidia is running that shouldn't be. I seem to remember it was called NVidia Shield or something like that. They default a bunch of stupid hotkeys that are too easy to trigger without knowing (like lots of other software).

@aurosan

Here's a thread where this was an issue...

Edited by An0maly_76
Revised, more info

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

20 minutes ago, Blue4130 said:

Thats not a valid benchmark. It's marketting fluff. Run something like Heaven, or timespy or one of the better benchmarks and share the results.

Screenshot (50).png

5 minutes ago, An0maly_76 said:

Check Task Manager to see if anything by Nvidia is running that shouldn't be. I seem to remember it was called NVidia Shield or something like that. They default a bunch of stupid hotkeys that are too easy to trigger without knowing (like lots of other software).

@aurosan

Here's a thread where this was an issue...

I just see a lot of nvidia containers and some help service

Screenshot (51).png

Probably not then. But checking your task manager for anything spiking RAM CPU or GPU usage is a good start.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

2 minutes ago, An0maly_76 said:

Probably not then. But checking your task manager for anything spiking RAM CPU or GPU usage is a good start.

I didn't find anything that screamed unusual.

I've heard noises about cryptominers distributing some sort of malware that makes other people's GPUs mine for them. I wonder if that might be what's going on here?

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

5 minutes ago, An0maly_76 said:

I've heard noises about cryptominers distributing some sort of malware that makes other people's GPUs mine for them. I wonder if that might be what's going on here?

I haven't downloaded anything dangerous literally most of my stuff I have to run as an administrator for it to run with a decent frame rate which isn't normal

8 minutes ago, aurosan said:

I haven't downloaded anything dangerous literally most of my stuff I have to run as an administrator for it to run with a decent frame rate which isn't normal

@aurosan

You don't have to download anything. It's called a computer worm. Mainly because it crawls from port to port, usually undetected.

Edited by An0maly_76
Revised, more info (linked article)

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

However, if you want a real benchmark (userbenchmarks seems to be clown shoes here), download any Cinebench, R20 through R23, running it will show if your system is really underperforming.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

31 minutes ago, An0maly_76 said:

However, if you want a real benchmark (userbenchmarks seems to be clown shoes here), download any Cinebench, R20 through R23, running it will show if your system is really underperforming.

this is what I got 

image.png

8225 is definitely dragging a bit. According to this, typical i7-9700K R23 multi-thread score is 9,419. Any overclocking, or stock tuning?

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

9 minutes ago, An0maly_76 said:

8225 is definitely dragging a bit. According to this, typical i7-9700K R23 multi-thread score is 9,419. Any overclocking, or stock tuning?

None that I know about

11 minutes ago, An0maly_76 said:

actually I'm not quite sure now

Screenshot (53).png

To run some games I have to play them as an administrator so that they can run properly and I sometimes have serious frame drops below is a thread to my specifics and what not that people stoped answering. It has everything I've done and all the info I've got is over there.

You should probably continue that thread

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

Just now, OddOod said:

You should probably continue that thread

I would've but no one responded for a few days so not much I could learn or do from it

Many shots in the dark here...

Everything being slow is also a bad mobo "feature", what's yours ?

And what cooling and temps do you have ?

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

What are your peak temps when running Haven? Keep HWMonitor open when you run it

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

Then ask for more help. Trying a fresh install is often a good move